I must have just gotten off the short bus the day I got my storm. Everything was great, threw on a screen guard and Stormed it up. Life is good, all is well, sunshine lollipops and all that crap.

Soooooo, fast forward. I finally decide it's time to put a new protector on due to scratches. I pull the old one off, and see the same scratches.

Aww, that stinks, they must have gone through. WAIT? WHAT? Gone through? This glass is supposed to be pretty tough.

End result, I had never pulled the factory plastic. I've been running with two screen guards for months. And in case you are wondering, yes, it is more responsive with just the one (and scratch free.)
    Last edited by chuckthepilot; 08-10-09 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added scratch free note.
    08-10-09 12:45 AM
    This is a funny story. The screen must look amazing now!
    08-10-09 12:47 AM
    now thats awesome. The original screen protector wasnt exactly clear either.
    08-10-09 12:50 AM
    hahahaha for a second i thought the scratches had gone through

funny story
    08-10-09 12:51 AM
    Ohmahgosh, this sounds like something that could very easily happen to me. Of course, then it wouldn't be so funny because *I'd* be the dummy.
    08-10-09 02:11 AM
    I think I still have my original screen protector on.
    08-10-09 02:30 AM
    LMAO thats funny
    08-10-09 02:43 AM
    HAHA I only laugh b/c I almost did the same thing
    08-10-09 02:47 AM
    Thanks for the laughs! I just woke up and that story started my day perfectly!
    08-10-09 07:07 AM
    Don't worry, I did that. I didn't know it came with its own screen protector so I put on another one and then when I took the one I put on off, I realized there was another one on there lol. I felt stupid
    08-10-09 07:37 AM
    Berry berry funny
    08-10-09 07:38 AM
    Made me laugh this morning
    08-10-09 08:18 AM
    It's actually happen to MANY people, often there are more than 1 of the factory protectors on storms. Best bet is to pull them all off and then put on a good one. BSE, GA, IS, Seidio, etc!
    08-10-09 08:21 AM
    This happened to me. When I got the phone I didn't realize that it had the factory plastic on it. I was going to buy a screen protector but never got around to it. Then one day I realized my screen was scratched and took it in for an insurance replacement and the CSR looked at me, peeled of the plastic and said here you go, the screen is fine.

I just laughed and headed over to buy a set of screen protectors. The factory plastic looked nice when it was in place. Oh well, live and learn.
    08-10-09 08:48 AM
    thanks for the laugh this morning. it woke me up after a long weekend.
    08-10-09 09:26 AM
    thanks for the laugh this morning. it woke me up after a long weekend.
    Haven't had a screen protector at all since unpacking. Pulled off the factory one and Storming away without protection.

Safe Sex is necessary
    Safe Storming is not...

IMO. And after 9 months, not a scratch or blemish on the screen. BTW, I use my breath and the front of my shirt for cleaning most of the time. Will occasionally use Isopropyll (sic) and a cotton ball if it get really oily.
    08-10-09 10:18 AM
    Been there... and unfortunately, done that.
    08-10-09 11:17 AM
    I must have just gotten off the short bus the day I got my storm. Everything was great, threw on a screen guard and Stormed it up. Life is good, all is well, sunshine lollipops and all that crap.

Soooooo, fast forward. I finally decide it's time to put a new protector on due to scratches. I pull the old one off, and see the same scratches.

Aww, that stinks, they must have gone through. WAIT? WHAT? Gone through? This glass is supposed to be pretty tough.

End result, I had never pulled the factory plastic. I've been running with two screen guards for months. And in case you are wondering, yes, it is more responsive with just the one (and scratch free.)
    LOL! That is funny.
    08-10-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD