Sheeeet, man, that h*nkey mus' be messin' my old lady
    got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!
    Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!
    I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol.
    Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.
    You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.
    Col' got to be! Yo!
    Sheeeeeeet!

thats not funny!!!
    I guess this was a bad time to stop sniffing glue!!
    11-18-08 01:26 PM
    I guess we will see who gets it!
    11-18-08 01:35 PM
    My store is first come, first serve, REGARDLESS of what type of customer you are.
    Mine too. My rep already has my accessories set aside, he already checked my account and called me back and said " see you on Friday"!
    11-18-08 01:43 PM
    I guess this was a bad time to stop sniffing glue!!
    Dr: We've gotta get this man to a hospital

Elaine: What is it?

Dr: It's a big building with patients but thats not important right now.
    11-18-08 02:08 PM
    Go lions.
    My favorite post of the day.
    11-18-08 02:29 PM
    Dr: We've gotta get this man to a hospital

Elaine: What is it?

Dr: It's a big building with patients but thats not important right now.

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.
    11-18-08 02:33 PM
    "The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the red zone."

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the white zone."

"NO! The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading and there is no stopping in the red zone."

"The red zone has always been for loading and unloading there is never stopping in a white zone."

"Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading."

"Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone **** again! There's just no stopping in a white zone."

"Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion."

"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."

A classic.
    11-18-08 06:22 PM
    You dont have your Festivus pole yet?? You might be SOL! I think I got the last one....its aluminum. I just hope I dont have to do the feats of strength.
    what u mean??? its not festivus w/o it
    11-18-08 06:47 PM
    i called the verizon store on hollywood/vine and they gave me the same info as they did to harrington. Best Buy FTW!
    11-18-08 06:55 PM
    Well I'm hedging my bets; I have a c/s rep that is supposed to call me
    Fri. morning and I am going to the store first thing in the morning.
    I actually called my local corporate store and I am on the list and they did
    state that I will have one when I get there. The gent there stated they would be opening 9:am as usual. So there I don't think I wanna wait til Sat or
    Mon plus I need all of my numbers transfered over to my new phone as well.
    Hopefully the hot chick that I saw there last Sat will be there Fri morn.
    She is a BB user hubba hubba man she is hot. Oh and for you younger guys;
    yes at fiddyish we still sometimes think with our other brain.........
    You sure she is that hot? Maybe she is just hot because she has a BlackBerry. Try making her hold a Palm or dumbphone and see if she is still attractive. Snap pic please, tell her you are just making sure the camera works...haha.
    11-18-08 07:03 PM
    I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate...
    11-18-08 07:10 PM
    Yeah I'm pretty sure thats illegal if that did do that which I know their not ...
    11-18-08 07:22 PM
    what u mean??? its not festivus w/o it
    OK, in all seriousness, I just found out that there's ACTUALLY people that do celebrate Festivus. The sad part is that this celebration is hosted in my hometown of Rochester NY: Festivus 2008!

(sorry for going off topic)
    11-18-08 07:35 PM
    whats so sad about that? id rather celebrate that than any other BS holiday
    11-18-08 07:56 PM
    I think OP wants to make sure he is alone in line! Sorry not gonna work, Verizon is all about Customer service and keeping customers happy.They would never do that.
    Haha

Yeah ... everything I have seen says first come first serve.
    11-18-08 08:11 PM
    hey guys,

I have a friend who works at my local Verizon store. He let me know that his specific store will only have 30 Storms in stock this Friday (crazy, i know, and so does he). He told me that they would not be selling storms to current customers, even ones who are updating their contracts, etc. The only people getting those storms are customers who are opening new lines. Several managers at his store have confirmed this with him.

So, if you plan on visiting a specific Verizon store to purchase the Storm on Friday, I HIGHLY recommend you stop by in person or give them a call asap and ask them if they will have storms for purchase this Friday. Let them know you currently are a customer and are just upgrading your phone and contract (if that is your situation, etc).

*sniff sniff*

I smell BS
    11-18-08 08:12 PM
    OK don't forget the super secret code...

11-18-08 08:15 PM
    hey guys...

I have been following this thread all day...

I talked to my guy (great friend of mine & been doing biz with him for 4+ yrs) at the local corporate VZW store and there is some merit to the OP's post.

FWIW...

He told me that customers coming into his store that are looking to pick the Storm up outright - not eligible for NE2 or equipment upgrade - will have an order placed and the Storm will be shipped to them.

The only customers walking away with a Storm in hand on release day will be those eligible for the upgrades...

I have been in retail sales for 8+ years and in my mind this makes no sense from a business standpoint...only thing I can think of is VZW is looking to hook new customers with this release.

I am eligible for an upgrade and he told me I wouldn't need to rush down. Now, I don't live in a huge metro area like NYC, LA, or Chicago so this could be different for others.

I simply wanted to share the info that I have gathered at this point...I am anxiously waiting!

...also, he told me that they have ZERO knowledge of the quantity of the first shipment. Fedex shows up that morning and drops them off. So how could he be confident that I wouldn't need to rush down? He hasn't seen too many people coming in asking about it and his store isn't very hyped up on the release

...my $.02
    Last edited by jimithng23; 11-18-08 at 08:56 PM.
    11-18-08 08:54 PM
    Thank you to the people who have confirmed what I originally posted. A big middle finger to the morons who proclaimed "I smell BS" or "This is false" or "Lies!". What I originally stated is indeed true. Every retail Verizon store will be different in regards to Storms available come Friday morning. I wish you all the best with your hunt this Friday.
    11-18-08 10:11 PM
    whats so sad about that? id rather celebrate that than any other BS holiday
    I AM celebrating Festivus this year. Screw Christmas.

Although Thanksgiving rocks. Gotta love the turkey
    11-18-08 10:13 PM
    I AM celebrating Festivus this year. Screw Christmas.

Although Thanksgiving rocks. Gotta love the turkey
    word to Big Bird!

haha.. get it? Big Bird... turkey... haha!

I slay me
    11-19-08 11:08 AM
    I'm in the New Orleans area and called around to all the stores in my area to see whether I could buy one full retail Friday morning. Three out of the four stores told me that they would order the phone for me in and have it shipped to my house, but could not sell it to me on the spot. One store said that they would be able to sell it to me, but the rep sounded unsure so I think I'm going to go by tomorrow and see what the truth is. Everyone I talked to was still all over the place with what they thought the price was going to be (from 549 to 699) but I think they're all just trying to get the new line commission and convince me not to take one of their stock. Anway, I have a deposit down at Best Buy that I didn't think I was going to use, but the website quotes it at $529.99 so I'm leaning more and more towards going that route...
    11-19-08 02:29 PM
    I'm in dallas and have also called around...only two stores ive found so far are selling on first come first serve basis...most are only selling to new customers..sad but true
    11-19-08 02:35 PM
    Just called my store in Berkeley, CA and they said I'm out of luck for trying to buy it full retail. He said my best bet would be to try and call customer support and complain and they might make an exception.

DAMN IT!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 02:50 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD