If you have a virus in you computer, can you transfer it to your phone through your desk top manager? on one of my computers I have a ad-ware bug that tries to make it so I can't boot up the computer. I have been trying to eliminate
    it and so far so good. but I don't want to attach the phone until I know it's gone. what's your views on this?
    01-10-09 06:25 PM
    time for a serious bit of wipe and reload action on that pc
    always better to just start fresh than....think you got it
    01-10-09 06:26 PM
    Don't swap fluids or move any infected files and you're probably OK. The better answer is get that crap off your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:29 PM
    Run a very good adware/malware/spyware application. Back up as much information as you possbily can. Then do a complete install of your OS. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. Since you don't know which file the virus is in, I wouldn't attempt at this time to transfer anything to your device.
    01-10-09 06:36 PM
    Use malware bytes on the pc should clean it right up....virus ain't gonna hurt a BB it runs a diff os than your pc.....
    01-10-09 06:46 PM
    I have a question. When you visit websites on your BB, how does your BB keep viruses, spyware, and the like from getting in your BB?

I mean i know computer software and the BB OS are different, but im curious how this works.
    01-10-09 06:51 PM
    You won't be able to infect your Storm with this pest, given it's a completely different architecture, but it is possible that the pest would put a copy of itself on your Storm if you connected it to your computer. That could lead to reinfecting your system once you connect your Storm again.
    01-10-09 06:52 PM
    ahhhh i see thank you.
    01-10-09 06:55 PM
    Short answer is there are no known BB viruses.
    To the OP thus sadly is how weather bug got its start..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:57 PM
    Use malware bytes on the pc should clean it right up....virus ain't gonna hurt a BB it runs a diff os than your pc.....
    But it wont stop it from giving back to the pc. If you download a file that has the virus and pull it from your pc it would reattach it self once more. I say if u know what your doing then start of clean on PC and BB. Pc will run way better after a clean install any ways so why not do it.
    01-10-09 07:03 PM
    I seriously doubt that any virus coded for a PC can affect any BB, at least not yet. I'd be more concerned with surfin on your BB and picking uop a BB virus from the net.
    01-10-09 07:32 PM
    A PC virus shouldn't affect the BB since it runs on a different OS.
    01-10-09 07:40 PM
    Sounds like you have that antivirus 2009 hijacker..agree with the other member and use malware bytes..and recommend using firefox instead of IE.
    01-10-09 08:02 PM
    If you have a virus in you computer, can you transfer it to your phone through your desk top manager? on one of my computers I have a ad-ware bug that tries to make it so I can't boot up the computer. I have been trying to eliminate
    it and so far so good. but I don't want to attach the phone until I know it's gone. what's your views on this?
    Why would you use a computer with a virus on it to update your Storm?Dont you think thats stupid.
    01-10-09 08:42 PM
    first off, thanks for all the replies. yes it is the anti-virus 2009. I will try the malware bytes and I have run every other "anti" I have and did fix it I hope. it even tried to get in my laptop but I think I stopped it in it's tracks. I plan not to attach BB until there is a new update and I know I got the little bugger.
    01-10-09 10:05 PM

There is a good Anti-virus program for the Blackberry. It is from SMobile Systems (smobilesystems.com). It can scan your BB for any known BB viruses (there are a few at this time).

I don't think that the virus in your PC will infect your BB. BB viruses are quite specific and not compatible with the PC. The reverse is also true.

I agree with hudss (no we are not the same) that you shoudlstay away form IE and use Firefox.

I also agree with the comment that you should wipe your PC. When you do this, make sure that you re-format your hard disk or you will be wasting your time.

Good luck. 73
    01-10-09 10:29 PM
    apples and oranges... no chance AFAIK in doing this tho spybot the heck out of your pc.
    01-10-09 10:59 PM
    There is a good Anti-virus program for the Blackberry. It is from SMobile Systems (smobilesystems.com). It can scan your BB for any known BB viruses (there are a few at this time).
    Okay, so what are they?? Where do we find out information on new BB viruses. It seems to me the only people that know about them is smobile. I think they will be coming at a more rapid pace now that Obama kept his bb, but I havent seen one yet. I have been working with BB for 4.5 years.
    01-26-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD