I love the storm but there is some things i can't get over. Well even after a fresh install of .76 its still slow. I know there will be more updates in the near future. The lint behind the screen is killing me. I don't see that ever being fixed. They would have to recall all of the storms. Even when the app center goes into full swing i don't ever see the storm getting the support that it needs like the iphone has. The iphone lacks some big issues like no mms, no video camera, and crappy camera. It has major features I love, wifi, big time app support. The at&t plan would probaly be to much for me compared to my bb plan. I'm sure they will also make a new iphone next year. What options do I have right now for a different phone?
    12-08-08 02:56 PM
    If you want to stay in the BB family, I'd look at the Bold.
    12-08-08 02:59 PM
    sorry i forgot to say that i want something touch screen.
    12-08-08 03:01 PM
    You can have any phone you desire thats on the market thats touch screen?

Find one you like and make a decision. no one here can make it for you.
    12-08-08 03:02 PM
    I've read (engadget.com) that Wally Mart might be selling the 4GB iPhone for $99...in case you care.
    12-08-08 03:04 PM
    I've read (engadget.com) that Wally Mart might be selling the 4GB iPhone for $99...in case you care.
    yeah i saw that. My problem is i really want the app support that the iphone has. I really think no other phone will ever have the support that the iphone has with software and hardware.
    12-08-08 03:08 PM
    Looks like that has been disproven, it will be a 8GB for $197 per engadget or BGR, I don't remeber which.
    12-08-08 03:13 PM
    I love the storm but there is some things i can't get over. Well even after a fresh install of .76 its still slow. I know there will be more updates in the near future. The lint behind the screen is killing me. I don't see that ever being fixed. They would have to recall all of the storms. Even when the app center goes into full swing i don't ever see the storm getting the support that it needs like the iphone has. The iphone lacks some big issues like no mms, no video camera, and crappy camera. It has major features I love, wifi, big time app support. The at&t plan would probaly be to much for me compared to my bb plan. I'm sure they will also make a new iphone next year. What options do I have right now for a different phone?
    Are you contractually obligated to Verizon?

As expected, many people, critics, etc like to have a Storm vs. iPhone argument although each phone has its fair share of strengths and weaknesses. Instead of debating on which is the better phone, just ask yourself which is the phone that best suits what you look for in a phone.

Given your description, seems like the iPhone is a no brainer. Assuming you're contractually obligated, I think there is a $175 early termination fee, not sure if that puts you on the hook for the full price of the Storm too assuming you paid $250 for it. I would imagine so.

It seems like you want the iPhone, but it seems like Verizon's got you. If you want the iPhone you're gonna have to pay a lot of money for one.

Or you can wait and see what Blackberry's apps are capable of. I think if Blackberry wants as wide a variety of apps as the iPhone, Verizon is going to have to do a better job marketing the phone as something hip and not just for business folks...best of luck VZW in taking on the marketing behemoth that is Steve Jobs.

Either way, it'll take developers a while to start cranking out some pretty neat stuff for the Storm.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 12-08-08 at 03:25 PM.
    12-08-08 03:19 PM
    Looks like that has been disproven, it will be a 8GB for $197 per engadget or BGR, I don't remeber which.
    Yep - you're right
    12-08-08 03:21 PM
    yeah i saw that. My problem is i really want the app support that the iphone has. I really think no other phone will ever have the support that the iphone has with software and hardware.
    Looks like you answered your own question. I really doubt BB is going to have anywhere near the apps of the iphone...but then again it is a different core user.
    12-08-08 03:22 PM
    If I had to have touchscreen then I'd get an iphone. Luckily for me I'm sick of touchscreens and I was able to get the bold instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 03:30 PM
    im loving my storm now, and it is bound to get better. If for any reason in the comming months I grow to not like it, (highly doubt it thought) I will pick up the Niagra for VZW around May. The Niagra for those who don't know is the CDMA BB Bold comming to Verizon.

edit: To me, in my opinion the VZW coverage, network and CS is untouchable by any of the other carriers which is why I would and have stayed there for 8 years, with little tryouts of ATT and T-mobile in between while keeping my main number on verizon.
    12-08-08 03:37 PM
    Niagra is coming out in the Sprint for Verizon, but it won't be touchscreen. Rumor has it the next BB with touch will be the
    12-08-08 03:42 PM
    Niagra is coming out in the Sprint for Verizon, but it won't be touchscreen. Rumor has it the next BB with touch will be the
    yea from what I think I've read, is the Pluto the touchscreen device with the full qwerty? So basically a Bold with a touch interface as well. I think that was what I read
    12-08-08 03:46 PM
    ^^^ That's what I heard. It will be known as the Treo of Blackberry, but since it's from Canada and people speak French up there, it'll be the RIM Menage � Toi. lol
    12-08-08 03:47 PM
    ^^^ That's what I heard. It will be known as the Treo of Blackberry, but since it's from Canada and people speak French up there, it'll be the RIM Menage � Toi. lol
    lmao...
    12-08-08 03:54 PM
    haha personally, I have never used the Treo. What is the added benfit of the touch screen on the full qwerty device, atleast at that size. Unless there is no trackball on it then I could see the purpose
    12-08-08 03:56 PM
    If you want to stay in the BB family, I'd look at the Bold.
    +1 for the Bold. I miss mine terribly. But because VZW happens to have better coverage where I live I will stick with them, but I will probably move over to the CDMA Bold or 8900 when one of them comes out.
    12-08-08 03:58 PM
    haha personally, I have never used the Treo. What is the added benfit of the touch screen on the full qwerty device, atleast at that size. Unless there is no trackball on it then I could see the purpose
    There will be no trackball I believe. I am waiting for the Pluto, unless the Storm coming to AT&T is better than the current.
    12-08-08 04:00 PM
    Hey Guys

You might look at this phone. From what I here it's coming to verizon and getting good reviws. Also price is around 300 unlocked . Same deal as the Iphone 4, 8,16 gig I beleve. It's just now out to the public so might be hard get now, but around JAN/FEB might work .

Meizu M8
    Can post a link yet do to I haven't posted 10 time but go to ENGADGET and serch for Meizu M8 meizu-m8-reviewed-worth-the-wait

I like my storm but not sure. It's just so slow and buggy. I have 2 more week to decide to keep it or drop it.
    Have to say this is a great forum to come to.
    Last edited by danlutz; 12-08-08 at 06:18 PM.
    12-08-08 06:15 PM
    Has anyone had a chance to test drive the Samsung Xperia?
    12-08-08 07:42 PM
    Please don't take this the wrong way BUT

Why ask us what to get, this is a storm forum and my suggestion is to stay with the storm. Remember as has been said to the point of death, the Iphone was out 14 months before the app center was online. If you wish to be an early adopter those are the breaks. The only other thing I would suggest is go look at the Omnia or a similar phone. Good luck in your travels because the storm is closing in and getting better all the time.

PS you sound as if you have a jones for the iphone, just admit it and move on with it.
    12-08-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD