Quick question: Does anyone know how to save any URL or WEB address as an ICON on the home page? I may be complicating this but I can't figure it out. Thanks for the help! (I used search function but no help)
    12-16-08 07:39 PM
    Im fairly sure there are only a few that have this feature. i.e. espn.com weatherchannel.com facebook. it is to my understanding that not all websites offer this feature
    12-16-08 07:41 PM
    I am not looking for the website's icon to download, rather I am looking to create an icon shortcut of some sort on my home page for some websites that I use often. can the URL be saved to a folder on the home page as an example?
    12-16-08 07:44 PM
    Im fairly sure there are only a few that have this feature. i.e. espn.com weatherchannel.com facebook. it is to my understanding that not all websites offer this feature
    facebook is a application..

however what the op is asking for is a launcher.. and no you need to create a launcher using development tools that are pretty foreign to people that are not programmers.

If you came from the iPhone that feature doesn't exist here

it does however have bookmarking options that work pretty well but none of which throw the icon on the home screen
    12-16-08 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the answer (even though it wasn't what I wanted to here) ):
    12-16-08 07:47 PM
    You could use the browser icon and set a website to be the homepage. Not the best solution, but it could suffice for some.
    12-16-08 07:58 PM
    I have the following icons added which quickly let me access that site/application:

redsox.com
    espn.com
    nytimes.com
    npr.com
    wsj mobile reader
    trapster
    slydial
    bblight
    softreset
    youtube
    opera mini
    flickr
    facebook
    weatherbug

as far as creating an icon from a website, as far as i know this can't be done. very few sites (red sox, ny times, espn, npr) have the downloadable icon on their front page but about 99% of the sites don't.

the redsox are the only sports team i've visited that had the downloadable icon ready to go. disappointed the cowboys didn't.
    12-16-08 08:03 PM
    Can pls tel where can I find the youtube icon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:48 PM
    Arent you talking about launchers??? Check out this link. He was making any launcher that you wanted, you just had to provide with an image for the icon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/lau...u-want-114749/
    12-22-08 08:52 PM
    Here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/lau...u-want-114749/

He takes requests and will attach it to an icon of your choosing. He also takes donations for his hard work
    12-22-08 08:53 PM
    Arent you talking about launchers??? Check out this link. He was making any launcher that you wanted, you just had to provide with an image for the icon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/lau...u-want-114749/
    Hive mind
    12-22-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD