First off, I am new (first post actually) and I've been to this site several times. I have been searching for this topic for a few hours (in several forums and Google) and I'm not finding what I was looking for. I'm hoping to get it answered here.

I am not new to Blackberry, I work in tech support, but I am a new owner. I'm not posting this to get flamed - I'm sure it's already been brought up time and time again - but I just can't find it anywhere.

I've seen screenshots of Blackberrys that have their home screen icons with clear backgrounds (floating), icons running up and down the sides, or on the top of the window.

I already know about the move feature to arrange your icons - but is there a way to get them arranged on the screen differently, like I mentioned above? Is this theme related?

Again, sorry if this is a redundant topic, but after two hours of searching I figured it was time to post. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    02-11-09 09:09 AM
    You mean a different theme?

You can move the icons on the default themes but not to just the top or sides.... With leak version of the theme software you will soon see more and more themes show up... You happen to have a picture of what your talking about....?
    02-11-09 09:12 AM
    First off, I am new (first post actually) and I've been to this site several times. I have been searching for this topic for a few hours (in several forums and Google) and I'm not finding what I was looking for. I'm hoping to get it answered here.

I am not new to Blackberry, I work in tech support, but I am a new owner. I'm not posting this to get flamed - I'm sure it's already been brought up time and time again - but I just can't find it anywhere.

I've seen screenshots of Blackberrys that have their home screen icons with clear backgrounds (floating), icons running up and down the sides, or on the top of the window.

I already know about the move feature to arrange your icons - but is there a way to get them arranged on the screen differently, like I mentioned above? Is this theme related?

Again, sorry if this is a redundant topic, but after two hours of searching I figured it was time to post. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    No, you can't. At least, no yet. Icon arrangement the way you're talking about is theme-based. Theme creation for the Storm is right around the corner, so sit tight.
    02-11-09 09:27 AM
    I can't post pictures or links because I don't have a large enough post count.

My guess was that is was a theme or some modified picture someone created.

Seeing as how I'm new to the Storm I wanted to make sure this wasn't just some quick fix. I understand, now, that it's not. Thanks.
    02-11-09 09:37 AM
    Is there a way to use a PC Desktop manager or other program to easily arrange the icons ? For example using drag-and-drop and then re uploading the setup to the storm...using the MOVE command on the phone screen is very tedious.
    02-18-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD