How can RiMM be so stupid and have a public viewing of the most anticipated phone in BB history, with beta software on it. It's like going to private viewing of the 2010 Chevy camaro with a scooter engine in it. Either release the product the way its supposed to be or don't at all. I have been waiting for this phone for awhile and now I'm disappointed. Guess the rational side is telling me to wait little bit after the Storm is released to get it. Otherwise I will be stuck with a lagging Storm, and if its anything like My Palm treo 700p which took about 1 year to get an update; I won't be a happy camper. Hopefully RIMM will correct its ways or they will follow Palm's future. Especially if Apple drops the price for an iphone to $99.
    10-30-08 01:33 PM
    Ahh, yet another disgrunted/disappointed/frustrated 700p user!

There's now at least 3 of us here that I know of.
    10-30-08 01:40 PM
    Dude , Honestly if you want to jump on the apple band wagon go for it ... we dont give a flying fu&k. Think about every review that you have read prior to BGR'S review. EVERY single one has said it is a execellent device. BGR is more like BOY GAY ******. Dont let what one "boy" says change your mind . this will be a great device.
    10-30-08 01:41 PM
    Dude , Honestly if you want to jump on the apple band wagon go for it ... we dont give a flying fu&k. Think about every review that you have read prior to BGR'S review. EVERY single one has said it is a execellent device. BGR is more like BOY GAY ******. Dont let what one "boy" says change your mind . this will be a great device.

Who cares......... No reason to call somebody harsh names for stating their own opinion... Totally uncalled for. If you don't like it then don't read it... He is one person out of how many other tech Guru's

Come on guys really, drop it.
    10-30-08 01:45 PM
    again, sorry . excited and bored . UPset with bgr lol . He turned alot of people away with just a few comments .
    10-30-08 01:48 PM
    Dude whats your problem.. Some people who used the phone last night said it lagged not just BGR. I don't like the iphone nor would I get it. My opinion is as good as anybody else. We're all frustrated but no need to bug out on me or anyone else. I hope Rimm turns it around, because honestly it terms of sales they are hurting.
    10-30-08 01:52 PM
    again, sorry . excited and bored . UPset with bgr lol . He turned alot of people away with just a few comments .
    Again he is just one person..... There are many other places, including here It's almost happy hour, so have a drink for me. But really no matter how much someone seems to upset you, just chill with the words. It's in respect to the forum and others.

Just my .02
    10-30-08 01:52 PM
    Oh by the way its RIM. Not rimm. Just my .02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 02:04 PM
    i can't wait to sell my 700p on eBay!!!!
    10-30-08 02:04 PM
    i can't wait to sell my 700p on eBay!!!!
    I'm giving mine to my wife. Let her have some of this pleasure...at least until she loses it, like she's done with 1 previous cell phone and 2 work Blackberries.
    10-30-08 02:06 PM
    BGR is the only things negative about the Storm that I have seen thus far.

His review is not going to sway me wanting the Storm.
    10-30-08 02:07 PM
    I'm giving mine to my wife. Let her have some of this pleasure...at least until she loses it, like she's done with 1 previous cell phone and 2 work Blackberries.
    Women are just terrible with cell phones. My girlfriend is on her 4th cell phone in 18 months. The first two she lost to the toilet and the other she sat on while it was open (flip phone).
    10-30-08 02:08 PM
    lagging? sorry I didn't read BGR could you fill me in? I mean it's lagging in what speed or lagging in getting to a store? Also you said you wouldn't spend upwards of 300? what are you willing to pay?
    10-30-08 02:10 PM
    Well even if it is lagging it has beta software on it so why get you panties in a wad? Anyone that has used early betas know that it has issues, hence beta. They will get it figured out or Verizon will delay it like the bold and att. I'll wait for Verizon to workout the bugs before ATT gets one that works much better.
    10-30-08 02:11 PM
    Women are just terrible with cell phones. My girlfriend is on her 4th cell phone in 18 months. The first two she lost to the toilet and the other she sat on while it was open (flip phone).
    It's a "wardrobe malfunction"...they don't wear belts so, they have to carry it, or put it in their purse, or lay it on their desk, or put it on top of the toilet tank when they're in the bathroom, etc.

My Palm is in one of three places 24/7...in my hand (cause I'm using it), in the holster on my belt, or in the charging cradle by the front door.

My wife ruined one BB by putting it in her purse, along with a Tupperware container of cut-up watermelon pieces...that wasn't sealed properly.
    10-30-08 02:22 PM
    Ouch - watermelon - that's rough. My wife has RUN OVER two Pearls so far. I was confused how she managed to do it onece but TWICE???

Gotta love Verizon though - she's on her third free BB.
    10-30-08 03:29 PM
    few comments? More like facts.

10-30-08 04:10 PM
    How can RiMM be so stupid and have a public viewing of the most anticipated phone in BB history, with beta software on it. It's like going to private viewing of the 2010 Chevy camaro with a scooter engine in it. Either release the product the way its supposed to be or don't at all. I have been waiting for this phone for awhile and now I'm disappointed. Guess the rational side is telling me to wait little bit after the Storm is released to get it. Otherwise I will be stuck with a lagging Storm, and if its anything like My Palm treo 700p which took about 1 year to get an update; I won't be a happy camper. Hopefully RIMM will correct its ways or they will follow Palm's future. Especially if Apple drops the price for an iphone to $99.
    shut up...shut up...shut up already!!! I'm not a blackberry fanatic at all **** i just got my first ever blackberry about two weeks ago and it's a curve. I came over from windows mobile which is probably the worst mobile phone OS besides the 700p dinosaur of an OS. The damn phone more than likely is going to be released with some kind of lag or glitch. The iphone was released with flaws and had to be fixed with updates. Apples marketing is way better than verizon's that is why no one ever knew about the lag until damn near 1 million people had the phone. So for the last time can the moderators please stop allowing this part of the forum to become overcrowded with useless threads. I can't stand the fact that everyone forgets there is nothing perfect with a new release.
    10-30-08 04:27 PM
    Oh by the way its RIM. Not rimm. Just my .02

actually rimm is their stock name
    10-30-08 06:22 PM
    As I've stated before. I'm taking mental notes of anything that seems to still be an issue and once I can put my hands on a device and see for myself whether or they have been fixed to my liking, I am not going to say if I'll buy it or not. For any doubters of the storm, I guarantee there will be several people (probably including myself) that are going to write reviews within days of release. Just wait and read everyone's. I'll also guarantee that someone is going to find "problems" that aren't bothering me or just not happening.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm with FutureBBowner, chill with the "deal-breaker" threads. no one cares if you decide not to buy it without testing it yourself
    Last edited by alan8385; 10-30-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-30-08 06:32 PM
    That's cool.

You're using "gay" and "******" as derogatory terms in the same sentence. That's like a two-for-one. Good for you. Major props, *******. Any other group of people you'd like to offend?

Also, I remember how quick everyone was to jump on some other asswipe when he used the word "Jew" in a similar fashion, but I don't see anyone jumping here. That's awesome that you think this is acceptable language.

So, I infer: JEWS > GAYS > MENTALLY HANDICAPPED
    The hypocrisy here is unbelievable.
    10-30-08 07:20 PM
    I mean i really don't care what anybody says, once I play with it and like or dislike then I'll make my decision i never let a person or website determine what i'm supposed to like.
    10-30-08 07:27 PM
    actually rimm is their stock name
    thats why i mentioned rimm instead of rim
    10-30-08 07:28 PM
    Ahh, yet another disgrunted/disappointed/frustrated 700p user!

There's now at least 3 of us here that I know of.
    Make that 4 of us.
    10-31-08 11:45 AM
    I don't get why some folks do NOT want to hear one negative thing about any Blackberry product. OK, I realize this is a forum full of folks that appreciate their BB devices and want to learn even more about BB's.

I have an "old" curve (by todays standards) and really enjoy it. That said, I really enjoy hearing both good and bad about BB's - as it lends credibility to this forum. If only good things are said here - well that would be ever so slightly biased and take away from the knowledge/experiences of BB users.

Maybe in the minority, but I like to hear both sides of the story. And (just like all of you) I can make a truly informed decision.

Oh, and I also come from a Windows Mobile background (a Samsung i730) and that experience increased my appreciation of the BB Curve!!!
    10-31-08 12:04 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD