okay, I had to add my $.02...

I called to check on my NE2 status (by the way, I'm good for a 100.00 off on top of any discounts/rebates/specials) BUT HERE"S THE THING, every time I have called in the past, the cust serv. person on the phone gave the usual "we don't have any release date information yet" - completely denying she even knew anything (true or not).

THIS TIME she actually said "I'm not allowed to tell you anything" and "but it's coming out real soon"

But I think that I was more surprised about the part when she actually said " I'm not allowed to tell you anything" as opposed to "I don't know anything" We all know that saying "soon" is in the same boat as "it depends on what you're definition of 'is' is"

Just a FWIW.
    Last edited by hal1; 10-08-08 at 11:30 PM.
    10-08-08 11:17 PM
    OMG! this is incredible news.
    10-08-08 11:20 PM
    Thanks hal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 11:22 PM
    Really soon! Yes! Awesome!

10-08-08 11:23 PM
    You should definitely call back and ask if you'll have one before the election to give a perspective on "soon". Right now, "soon" according to rim hasn't happened yet for the bold in the US.

10-08-08 11:25 PM
    Really soon!? That's tomorrow!!!!
    Haha, but yes. You know, the more confirmations of "really soon" that we get, the more true it becomes.
    10-08-08 11:26 PM
    I'm thinking in the next 2 wed one will give a release date the other the price and then preorder oct 28 but that's just my thought

10-08-08 11:31 PM
    I"m going to try ordering the phone starting Oct 21st. Just in case I'm able to order it 2 weeks before release.
    10-08-08 11:49 PM
    sounds good, but no date internally has been released yet.
    10-08-08 11:51 PM
    sounds good, but no date internally has been released yet.
    Yeah, just thought of it - Maybe VZ has just given their employees a release date of "really soon"

Hey mods, as the OP, you have my permission (not that you need it) to close this thread in a while as it doesn't really seem to be of much use.
    10-08-08 11:55 PM
    I second that motion

10-09-08 12:26 AM
    I cannot wait for this device to come out but feel like I've sorta become jaded by all the various rumors/speculations. I'm now going to just take the mindset that it'll come out when it comes out and I'll be thrilled when I can get my hands on it.
    10-09-08 12:38 AM
    Yeah, just thought of it - Maybe VZ has just given their employees a release date of "really soon"

Hey mods, as the OP, you have my permission (not that you need it) to close this thread in a while as it doesn't really seem to be of much use.
    Just because you feel that your thread isn't of much use doesn't mean it needs to be closed. Your input is just as valuable as anyone else's.

10-09-08 12:49 AM
    Just because you feel that your thread isn't of much use doesn't mean it needs to be closed. Your input is just as valuable as anyone else's.
    I can't believe that I haven't noticed that you're also in the Valley.
    10-09-08 12:53 AM
    I can't believe that I haven't noticed that you're also in the Valley.
    Yup. Scottsdale - woot woot!

10-09-08 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD