i really doubt you have to camp OVERNIGHT to get a phone.

i mean they didnt advertise that hard and it has nowhere near the hype as the iphone
    11-13-08 09:46 PM
    there wont be any shortages....camping out would be ridiculous. Just show up an hour early (at the most) and walk out with your brand new device
    11-13-08 09:49 PM
    no one said they were camping out... they were getting to the store maybe an hour before the store opens... not so bad
    11-13-08 09:49 PM
    dude i just bought a brand new tent!!!! dont bring a brother down.
    11-13-08 10:13 PM
    it may not be necessary, but a good ol' fashioned parking lot sleep out with some buddies and a case of beer is a damn good time
    11-13-08 10:15 PM
    Now you're talking!! Sign me up!!!

As long as you don't mind be bringing wine... not much of a beer man.
    11-13-08 10:22 PM
    Now you're talking!! Sign me up!!!

As long as you don't mind be bringing wine... not much of a beer man.
    hey, whatever floats your boat... it all gets you the same place in the end
    11-13-08 10:34 PM
    Haha, I wouldn't mind sittin' outside Verizon with a case! Might not be a good idea though, gettin' to drunk and then end up not waking up til afternoon and all the storms being gone! haha
    11-13-08 10:34 PM
    Haha, I wouldn't mind sittin' outside Verizon with a case! Might not be a good idea though, gettin' to drunk and then end up not waking up til afternoon and all the storms being gone! haha
    some would consider that a spoil of war... maybe we should ask the capt what he thinks?
    11-13-08 10:36 PM
    I should up to an hour and half prior the opening for an AT&T store here in Tampa and got an 3g Iphone. I was #10 in line....
    I highly doubt there will be lines for the storm..
    11-13-08 10:37 PM
    I should up to an hour and half prior the opening for an AT&T store here in Tampa and got an 3g Iphone. I was #10 in line....
    I highly doubt there will be lines for the storm..
    where is the fun in that?
    11-13-08 10:38 PM
    it may not be necessary, but a good ol' fashioned parking lot sleep out with some buddies and a case of beer is a damn good time
    AMEN !!!!!!!!
    11-13-08 10:43 PM
    lol well **** lets make a party of it ill bring the hard A and keg lets do it lol .
    11-13-08 10:46 PM

i mean they didnt advertise that hard and it has nowhere near the hype as the iphone
    2 different nationwide commercials, internet press, a 'storm grab' booth tour around large cities in the US, and a NYC Storm Hunt aren't 'advertising that hard'?

All these people saying Verizon hasn't advertised the Storm...... seems a little off to me.
    11-13-08 10:48 PM
    sorry for the book

ummm I remember when the xbox360 was released I thought I was going to get one and I walked into a walmart to see if they were going to be selling them at midnight there was a few people sitting on chairs it was 11 am and wouldn't be sold untill 12 midnight that grabbed my attention without getting lunch or anything I sat down in the next available chair and waited untill midnight I had my sister bring me some foood and drinks one of the guys purchased a poker mat from walmart and a few of us sitting in the chairs played poker for hours haha

That was the first and only time I waited in line for something it was a good experience

every time I preordered and paid in full. The iphone is the only thing I didn't get for a long long time that had that kind of hype and was something that I was interested in. Typically speaking if you think back in time for a minute there isn't to many phones in existence that had as much hype as the iPhone did at launch. Its not so much in the device its more in how the company gets it out there. I am not saying the storm wont sell a ton of phones but keep in mind the iPhone had one thing at the time that NO OTHER PHONE HAD/advertised a full internet browser and the phone also helped a great deal in pushing touch technology to the extreme you have to admit there wasn't to many devices before that phone that had such a nice touch screen. They also had a advantage of being able to offer the device at such a great price when it came out SMARTPHONES in general were way way more expensive now smartphones are priced at the level that the regular phones used to be.

But its hard to hype a product thats semi similar to another its definitely not identical but for sure similar on this message board we can sit and argue about all the plus' and negatives but the average person might just not know.

Also with the release of the iPhone there was people turned away that wanted to the device.. Verizon doesn't want to turn away people either is it smart to wait on advertising it who knows but I don't think Verizon is dumb there a huge huge company so there doing something right =)
    11-13-08 11:29 PM
    I've waited sooooo long for this phone I think an hour or two freezing my *** off in the parking lot of a corp store would be worth it to assure I walk out with one I saved 8 hours of sick time for this day......cough, cough
    11-13-08 11:29 PM

i really hope you're right
    11-14-08 12:43 AM
    I prob won't be able to hit the store until 12pm. You really think a Storm would still be there waiting for me?
    11-14-08 12:44 AM
    i think we are actually underestimating the power of word of mouth. i am with sprint and me myself has personally told at least 10 people that i'm switching to verizon and getting this phone. i spoke to a girl that said she was doing the same thing and she knew about 1/3 of what i know about the storm. so between us two i'm sure we have told at least 20 people. i'm not saying that you should camp out. but i guarantee the phone will sell out.
    11-14-08 12:52 AM
    Let's just put it this way, sometime after the Samsung Alias came out, they sold out in my area. The on I have now was shipped from a Richmond VZW store to mine in Blacksburg.
    11-14-08 12:59 AM
    I am going to make my gf stop by the corp store near her school tomorrow and ask if she can be put on this list.. I hope its not to late.
    11-14-08 12:59 AM
    Even if theres no line i'll be the one in the tent outside with my rubber books, rain jacket and umbrella ready for the storm comin!!
    11-14-08 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD