So my phone has been working mostly flawlessly. some lag here and there and I had some of the common problems. it was acting a little goofy with .85 so I downgraded back to .75. today when i was using aim I kept getting all this screen tear and almost snow like you'd see on a tv when it doesn't get signal. it was locking up al ot. I saw the new OS was out so I said heck i'll just throw that on and see if this fixes it. it did at first but then it started going crazy again. so I said I'll wipe and reload. Well I did it worked fine the locked up...I let it just dim and fade out, then hit the close key to light back up the screen. well the back light came on, but my screen is still black! no picture. I have since wiped several times to no avail. even on battery pulls I can't even see the load icon but i can see the screen is being back lit (the screen is dim but all black) this seems more like a hardware problem then software at this point. guess I'll being calling for a replacement tomorrow.
    01-12-09 02:28 AM
    Might as well get a replacement, everyone else has!
    01-12-09 03:11 AM
    Oh no. This frightens me. Hope your replacement works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:23 AM
    So my phone has been working mostly flawlessly. some lag here and there and I had some of the common problems. it was acting a little goofy with .85 so I downgraded back to .75. today when i was using aim I kept getting all this screen tear and almost snow like you'd see on a tv when it doesn't get signal. it was locking up al ot. I saw the new OS was out so I said heck i'll just throw that on and see if this fixes it. it did at first but then it started going crazy again. so I said I'll wipe and reload. Well I did it worked fine the locked up...I let it just dim and fade out, then hit the close key to light back up the screen. well the back light came on, but my screen is still black! no picture. I have since wiped several times to no avail. even on battery pulls I can't even see the load icon but i can see the screen is being back lit (the screen is dim but all black) this seems more like a hardware problem then software at this point. guess I'll being calling for a replacement tomorrow.
    Yeah I would be calling Verizon for a replacement ASAP, bud. Secondly, it sounds as though you bought a Storm that is "unupgradeable"......I've heard bout em b4. If u even try to change the OS, the whole phone craps out- you're right thoug- definitely sounds like hardware prob- prob pictube in phone who knows

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:43 AM
    I would be sending it back. Hope your new one is great!
    01-12-09 05:46 AM
    I would be sending it back. Hope your new one is great!
    yeah, it's on the way now. Hopefully it will be a goodie. It's just tough going a day without a phone let a lone my BB.
    01-12-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD