I'm trying to find out if it's possible to use shortcut keys from the home screen. For example, with a dedicated QWERTY keyboard I have my phone app set NOT to dial from home screen, and then from home screen I can press the letter O to go to Options, or L to go to Calendar, or K to lock the device, or A to see my address book, or M to see all messages....

Is this possible with the Storm?
    09-24-09 07:12 AM
    I'm trying to find out if it's possible to use shortcut keys from the home screen. For example, with a dedicated QWERTY keyboard I have my phone app set NOT to dial from home screen, and then from home screen I can press the letter O to go to Options, or L to go to Calendar, or K to lock the device, or A to see my address book, or M to see all messages....

There's an app for that. Quicklaunch.
    09-24-09 07:30 AM
    That's not what I had in mind...but may be the only solution from the sound of it. I was envisioning whether I could use one of the dedicated side keys to bring up the keyboard and then from the keyboard press the appropriate letter to launch the corresponding program.

However...I am forgetting that the Storm is touchscreen so with Quicklaunch it's still a side button press, then I assume a finger tap to open the app (which I know would need to be set up in the menu by me).

Hmm...that could work for me....(old dogs, new tricks...change...it's all a mindset).

Thank you for the response. I am curious though...would what I described in the first paragraph work? I'm thinking no because the keyboard that pops up is Surepress?
    09-24-09 08:33 AM

There's also an app called ShortcutMe that uses keyboard to open apps. Check it out.
    09-24-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD