I was wondering what you guys think. I am with out a doubt getting the storm but i have never used a BlackBerry before. I am debating to start up my 3rd line and pick up a curve tomorrow so i have a few weeks to get used to how a BlackBerry works and then just return it with in my 30 days for the storm when it come out. What do yall think ?
    10-26-08 10:37 PM
    based on the fact that we are still unsure of when the storm is coming out, i wouldn't recommend that.

i also wouldn't recommend getting the curve to prepare urself for the storm because they are completely different, they have a lot of similarities but the touch screen brings in a whole new different way of using a blackberry.

what i would do if your looking to prepare yourself is to play around with the emulator on blackberrys website that emulates the storms OS.
    10-26-08 10:41 PM
    Well, other than the hassle of the device exchange and return trip/upgrade situation, I guess what you're suggesting - although not outright fraudulent or criminal in nature - is rather silly since you are set on owning a Storm anyway. The trackball experience relative to how you would react and interact with the device and software on the Curve is a completely different animal and thus would probably not apply very well to the Storm user experience.

The world is yours... you're the consumer. Go ahead and knock your socks off I guess. That is a rather highly subjective thing since the Storm is just completely different.
    10-26-08 10:42 PM
    Thanks , thats good enough for me , i figured that it would be completly different but im just not used to going to menus for everything but i guess i can say screw it ... wait it out and adapt
    10-26-08 10:48 PM
    sooks, yeah the Storm user experience should be pretty fun and innovative once again.

It's basically genius
    10-26-08 10:50 PM
    I think the Strom is similar to the Curve... it's based on it. But honestly, I think if you just go to a store and use a Curve for a short while you'd get the feel of a BB and will help break you in to the Storm. Don't worry about the learning curve too much!
    10-26-08 10:52 PM
    yah it is lol i was playing around with the new mac book .... and was trying out the new click pad and am kind of hoping it will be somewhat like that .. it was really cool felt like a physical button everywhere and im sure rims version will be way better . This will be a great phone and im soo tired of waiting lol... uggh
    10-26-08 10:53 PM
    Maybe it's just me...I know that Verizon allows 30 day returns, but I really don't like the feeling of people getting the Curve with the INTENTION of returning it, it just feels wrong. It's like buying clothes that you want to wear for one special occasion, KNOWING that you'll return it later.

Whatever business you guys are in, would you want your customers doing this?
    10-26-08 11:09 PM
    I understand what your saying and it is kind of .... well ... idk ... if i would go as far as wrong ... but ... in the end everyone is happy . I have the BBerry expierence i was looking for , they have my money its all good !
    10-26-08 11:18 PM
    Umm no it is not all good. It is stealing. Flat out stealing. You are just causing the price of phones to start going up. Wasting real customers time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 11:36 PM
    So when Verizon bends you over and !@$%s you, it's business. When a customer does it to Verizon, it's stealing. Interesting double standard.
    10-26-08 11:41 PM
    I am not the one complaining about Verizon's business. There is no double standard. I am complaining that when prices do go up it is because people cheat the system.

10-26-08 11:52 PM
    So when Verizon bends you over and !@$%s you, it's business. When a customer does it to Verizon, it's stealing. Interesting double standard.
    If you really think it's the same thing, then you just showed your ignorance to everyone here. So I can take it that you buy things with the intention of returning it when you're done using it? Wow, we know where on decency scale you stand.

Now, if you signed up, and VZ said, "oh, and if in 30 days we don't like you, we can cancel your service" THEN it MAY be a good comparison
    10-26-08 11:54 PM
    I am not the one complaining about Verizon's business. There is no double standard. I am complaining that when prices do go up it is because people cheat the system.
    I agree, and I am not saying this to any ONE person in particular, so if you get pi$$ed at this, that's up to you....

BUT, I have found that the lower life's, like ditch diggers and the uneducated, low paid workers are more likely to complain abut "the system". The ones who do better in life. like most of us professionals, treat others the way we want our customers to treat us at our businesses.
    10-26-08 11:58 PM
    Honestly .... who gives a ****. Why do you care? The prices dont go up if any thing the prices have droped. And wireless companys dont give a **** what phone you use as long as you are paying monthly for the phone. if i am going to drop 200 + for the curve and then 50 - 150 for the storm thats chump change for verizon they dont make money off the phones figure it out ... all they care about is keeping that monthly income. Wow and you called the other guy ignorant
    10-26-08 11:59 PM
    Honestly .... who gives a ****. Why do you care? The prices dont go up if any thing the prices have droped. And wireless companys dont give a **** what phone you use as long as you are paying monthly for the phone. if i am going to drop 200 + for the curve and then 50 - 150 for the storm thats chump change for verizon they dont make money off the phones figure it out ... all they care about is keeping that monthly income. Wow and you called the other guy ignorant
    Ah, the rant of a ne'er do well "they have lots of money so it's okay"

I guess you shoplift for the same reason - the store's can afford it.
    10-27-08 12:04 AM
    This thread needs to be closed
    :P
    10-27-08 12:05 AM
    Who do you think pays for the phone you return and can't be sold as new? Who do you think pays the hourly wage of the kid who helps you get and return a phone? Yes they are getting your money but they also lose money. Who does that hurt? Me and all the other honest hard working people.

10-27-08 12:10 AM
    Ha , so i am assuming that you think i am the ditch digger of the the world right? WRONG . and correct me if im wrong but , i dont believe you own RIM or a verizon or a store of any kind .. so again .. get the f&ck over it.

(Disclaimer) These discussions are in the result of bordom and obsessivly waiting on the storm , dont mean to hurt feelings just think it something that can distract us from the reality that we have 20 days until the storm
    10-27-08 12:11 AM
    I never said you were a ditch digger. I do however think you are from the generation that thinks they are owed everything.

No I don't own Verizon or rim but I am one helping to pay for their salaries.

10-27-08 12:15 AM
    I dont see why you say that ? I dont believe that i am owed anything. Its your generations thinking of our generation that is so far fetched it makes me sick. just because its our generation does not mean that we are all apart of it.
    10-27-08 12:19 AM
    Sad thing is you have no idea what generation I am from. My guess is you are way off. I was just raised with morals. Your answers as to what you tell yourself about how you are not cheating the system is why I said what I did.

10-27-08 12:25 AM
    If i was to guess i would say you anywhere from 30 to 40. And i was raised with morals too .. Do you reallly think EVERY SINGLE carrier would have a 30 day exchange policy if they really cared ? I mean HELLO ! how ignorant can you be ?
    10-27-08 12:32 AM
    Umm no it is not all good. It is stealing. Flat out stealing. You are just causing the price of phones to start going up. Wasting real customers time.

Stealing? I'm sorry him paying outright for his product and then returning it, he has every right. You want to know whats stealing? That I pay just about $220 a month for a family plan with 3 lines. If Verizon honestly thought it was hurting their company with returning fee's and what not, they wouldn't offer it and they wouldn't be in business still. Trust me Verizon isn't losing any sleep over knowing their customers are buying phones just to return them in 30 days.

Wasting Customers real time? Are you kidding me. He is the REAL customer. He's buying a phone from the temporarily to go back and buy an even more expensive phone from them hence making them more profit. And don't give me that now they can't use the old phone. Refurbished phones get sold all the time! I honestly just can't see how you can justify this as stealing.

And before you say something along the lines of oh well you probably haven't worked in your life and this and that. My father and step father both owned businesses that I worked for so I know a little about business ethics, and I've been pulling almost 40 hour weeks since I've been 17.
    10-27-08 12:34 AM
    Stealing? I'm sorry him paying outright for his product and then returning it, he has every right. You want to know whats stealing? That I pay just about $220 a month for a family plan with 3 lines. If Verizon honestly thought it was hurting their company with returning fee's and what not, they wouldn't offer it and they wouldn't be in business still. Trust me Verizon isn't losing any sleep over knowing their customers are buying phones just to return them in 30 days.

Wasting Customers real time? Are you kidding me. He is the REAL customer. He's buying a phone from the temporarily to go back and buy an even more expensive phone from them hence making them more profit. And don't give me that now they can't use the old phone. Refurbished phones get sold all the time! I honestly just can't see how you can justify this as stealing.

And before you say something along the lines of oh well you probably haven't worked in your life and this and that. My father and step father both owned businesses that I worked for so I know a little about business ethics, and I've been pulling almost 40 hour weeks since I've been 17.
    Finially !! someone who gets it !!! thanks
    10-27-08 12:37 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD