Hi everyone
    I have unlocked my Bell storm and have been using it with Fido ever since.
    I used to be able to use any hybrid and/or leaked OS from the beginning, until Bell Canada released .122 OS. My DM forced me to install the update, and I did not see harm at that moment and I did it. Ever since I have had several problems which I have not been able to resolve, even though I did use the JL_CMDR (maybe wrong spelling, but I used the right program ) to remove the operating system and reinstall it is not functioning. Here is the list of known issues.

1 every time and whenever I am about to get a call and before the ringtone starts, there is a static noise for a short period (just like a broken speaker) for a second or two

2 the phone's caller id does not show any numbers from USA or overseas, however it works perfect with Canadian numbers only.

3 the MMS is not working and I don�t see the option for sending it

4 when I use a new simcard (line) it takes few hours for the phone to recognize the emailing stuff...

Now I was wondering if there is any way to resolve these issues.
    Please keep in mind I am not an expert but I have been dealing with different blackberries for a long time.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by parviz; 05-17-09 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spellin corrections
    05-16-09 11:18 AM
    Have no ideas but maybe others will.

Call carrier tech support?
    05-16-09 01:48 PM
    I think regarding number 3, that has to do with Service Books. I don't know if Fido has the Storm, but if they do, login to Fido's BIS site and resend your books.
    05-16-09 01:51 PM
    My first suggestion, your DM loaded the Bell OS with the vendor.xml file intact. Go delete the vendor file, wipe the phone and reload the OS. This should help with at least some of the issues.

Fido Tech support will likely not help when they find out you have a storm, they have no warranty on the phone, so very little reason to troubleshoot it. There is also liability there if something they were to suggest was done wrong and bricked your phone.
    05-16-09 03:43 PM
    My first suggestion, your DM loaded the Bell OS with the vendor.xml file intact. Go delete the vendor file, wipe the phone and reload the OS. This should help with at least some of the issues.

Fido Tech support will likely not help when they find out you have a storm, they have no warranty on the phone, so very little reason to troubleshoot it. There is also liability there if something they were to suggest was done wrong and bricked your phone.
    Agree 100%

Delete the Vendor.xml file.
    That alone should help fix alot of the problems you are experiencing.
    Wipe your phone once again and re-load either .122 without the vendor.xml or my advice would be to just grab onto .141.. i just installed it onto my phone and cant tell you how much better then .122 it really is... this may have quite a signiicant impact on your phone.

Dont call Fido - they dont offer support for phones they dont sell
    05-16-09 05:53 PM
    Most importantly, WHAT OS WERE YOU ON BEFORE YOU GOT FORCED IN LOADING .122 FROM WITHIN DM?
    05-16-09 05:56 PM
    Most importantly, WHAT OS WERE YOU ON BEFORE YOU GOT FORCED IN LOADING .122 FROM WITHIN DM?

Forced huh? How about try the CANCEL button to CANCEL the update. Shazam, your not forced to update.
    05-16-09 06:05 PM
    thanks to everyone for yor replies, I feel a bit dumb not thinking about deleting the vendor file before the update...
    I used to have .132 before .122 was forced to me (paulwright1, I had already clicked on update when I realized my mistake and I did not want to screw up my phone which I ended up doning anyway by canceling half way through) I have another computer which has never been used. I will install a fresh DM, and a fresh OS and install it on my storm, I hope everything goes well...
    thanks again all of my beloved crackberry citizens....
    05-16-09 11:32 PM

I was on .132 leaked OS...
    05-16-09 11:48 PM
    I think regarding number 3, that has to do with Service Books. I don't know if Fido has the Storm, but if they do, login to Fido's BIS site and resend your books.
    fido does not offer any help with storm and they only know about their pearl 8100r (I guess).
    about the BIS site, their site is very new and therefore does not have many options. they only service books they have are related to email address attached to blackberry account...
    05-16-09 11:53 PM

thanks for advice, I am doing exactly what you suggested right now...
    05-16-09 11:54 PM
    If Fido doesn't have the Storm then sending service books won't do any good. And there should be only 4 options on the left side in all the BIS sites. Sending service books isn't just for email but it does appear that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:56 PM
    If Fido doesn't have the Storm then sending service books won't do any good. And there should be only 4 options on the left side in all the BIS sites. Sending service books isn't just for email but it does appear that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for info...
    ... I am still learning...
    05-17-09 12:04 AM
    here is the very last update...
    I used my new PC with a new DM and fresh install of .132

the static seems to be reduced dramatically. only a very small tiny noise when I use my own mp3's as ringtone (not noticable much)

the email issue is resolved

i could not install the servicebook for mms to my blackberry (I only have the .COD file in my JAVA folder and it seems not to go on my device), and i think fido does not have the support for it and that is why the service books from fido dont help

the caller ID issue is still there....

however I have decided to go and buy a new storm and use the change device feature to transfer all the service books from the new phone to the old phone.

I think this would help...

if any suggestion, please dont withhold your hlep. every bit of info is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    05-17-09 11:18 AM
    BTW,
    would anyone know how to change a .COD file to .alx file?
    05-17-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD