Hows it going, I'm wondering if there is anyway possible to disable the surepress "single button" technology and make your blackberry storm work like the iphone and other normal touchscreen phones.

I just think that it is much easier and faster to type without having to press the whole entire screen in every single time you press a key.

Is there any mod available to let you do this?

I would appreciate any help, thanks
    07-21-09 08:47 PM
    I don't believe that is possible.
    07-21-09 08:50 PM
    I haven't seen one and I am not quite sure if it's doable unless you replace the whole lcd and the mechanism below it.
    07-21-09 08:50 PM
    Hows it going, I'm wondering if there is anyway possible to disable the surepress "single button" technology and make your blackberry storm work like the iphone and other normal touchscreen phones.

I just think that it is much easier and faster to type without having to press the whole entire screen in every single time you press a key.

Is there any mod available to let you do this?

I would appreciate any help, thanks

jesus!

are you yankin our chain?
    07-21-09 08:51 PM
    There are not workaround or band aid solution to disable the sure press mechanism.

You can however change your screen settings to your liking.
    07-21-09 08:53 PM
    I find this very, very funny! Thanks for the laugh!
    07-21-09 08:55 PM
    maybe there could be an app soon or a new feature in the upcoming storm hopefully. I just believe that if opera can work without surepress, then there must be a way to have an app or feature that could disable surepress
    07-21-09 09:00 PM
    i don't see why you bought the phone if you don't like the click. I personally like the click due to the fact that you can do more with a touch screen using the click feature but its something that you either like or you don't.
    07-21-09 09:02 PM
    If you wanted an Iphone you should have bought one. This is a BlackBerry. Not a clone of the Iphone.
    07-21-09 09:03 PM
    maybe there could be an app soon or a new feature in the upcoming storm hopefully. I just believe that if opera can work without surepress, then there must be a way to have an app or feature that could disable surepress
    Not likely, opera mini basically does not use the click function of the storm. That is different - let us say when you are typing a text or an email.
    07-21-09 09:03 PM
    I find it quite amusing. If you want it to act like an iPhone, then get the iPhone.
    07-21-09 09:04 PM
    I remember reading about getting rid of the click a few months ago try searching "click-a-roo fix-a-roo".
    I believe that you can also get rid of the sure press by getting a phone that does not operate using sure press

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:06 PM
    I needed a good laugh! Thanks OP!
    07-21-09 09:12 PM
    I needed a good laugh! Thanks OP!
    I hope he is joking
    07-21-09 09:16 PM
    lol.....wow
    07-21-09 09:23 PM
    I think some of these responses are pretty unnecessary and immature. Saying "get an iPhone if you want one" is a little ridiculous. I LOVE my Storm and while I think the iPhone is a sweet phone as well, I have absolutely nothing against my Storm. I don't dislike the click screen at all, but was actually JUST thinking about how there might/should be some sort of app out there that would enable regular touch screen rather than SurePress. It would definitely make for quicker texting, which is the main reason it came to mind.

Regardless, it's actually really weird that you posted this thread today mamato.. as I was just searching this topic a few minutes ago (the whole idea just came to mind today actually) and figured I'd come into the Storm sub-forum to look around for the heck of it. I've had my storm since last December, about 8 months now, and love it.. but I think being able to disable SurePress would be useful sometimes and would definitely be a cool feature.

Saying that disabling SurePress means that he wants an iPhone is completely ******** and rather instigating as far as I'm concerned.. completely unnecessary. I don't get what's so funny about it at all. Weird how SO many people on here can request Apps for their Storm that the iPhone has and not receive these immature responses, but then mamato starts this thread with a legitimate idea and a number of people think it's cool to make fun of it and act like a 13 year old.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for an application to be made that disables SurePress.. it would definitely be pretty awesome in my opinion, I don't NEED it but it would definitely be cool and useful. And again, I don't dislike the click screen at all.. I'm actually very used to it, but having a regular touch screen option would be quite useful for a number of different reasons including faster typing.
    Last edited by uconnkid3219; 07-21-09 at 09:46 PM.
    07-21-09 09:42 PM
    I think some of these responses are pretty unnecessary and immature. Saying "get an iPhone if you want one" is a little ridiculous. I LOVE my Storm and while I think the iPhone is a sweet phone as well, I have absolutely nothing against my Storm. I don't dislike the click screen at all, but was actually JUST thinking about how there might/should be some sort of app out there that would enable regular touch screen rather than SurePress. It would definitely make for quicker texting, which is the main reason it came to mind.

Regardless, it's actually really weird that you posted this thread today mamato.. as I was just searching this topic a few minutes ago (the whole idea just came to mind today actually) and figured I'd come into the Storm sub-forum to look around for the heck of it. I've had my storm since last December, about 8 months now, and love it.. but I think being able to disable SurePress would be useful sometimes and would definitely be a cool feature.

Saying that disabling SurePress means that he wants an iPhone is completely ******** and rather instigating as far as I'm concerned.. completely unnecessary. I don't get what's so funny about it at all. Weird how SO many people on here can request Apps for their Storm that the iPhone has and not receive these immature responses, but then mamato starts this thread with a legitimate idea and a number of people think it's cool to make fun of it and act like a 13 year old.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for an application to be made that disables SurePress.. it would definitely be pretty awesome in my opinion, I don't NEED it but it would definitely be cool and useful. And again, I don't dislike the click screen at all.. I'm actually very used to it, but having a regular touch screen option would be quite useful for a number of different reasons including faster typing.
    hahahahahaha...
    another ridiculous poster on this subject...
    BUT it is not ridiculous to want some of the apps that iphone has...
    so that is why when people ask for iphone apps the people either say that they want the app or dont want the app.
    COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!
    07-21-09 09:52 PM
    this thread totally made my day...i actually can't stop laughing
    07-21-09 09:53 PM
    trolls, got to love them....
    07-21-09 09:53 PM
    I think I laughed harder after uconnkids post than I did from the OP's
    07-21-09 09:56 PM
    Probably not the best way to start off your first post.
    I hope you can still return it.
    07-21-09 09:57 PM
    Its not that the op wants to get rid of sure press, but how many threads can be started on this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:00 PM

First off the OP should have searched. There is a million posts about dissabling the click on here already. People are going to make fun of you. No need for another one. Second, why in the world would you buy a phone with a certain main feature if you don't like it? It's like buying a convertible and welding a roof on.
    As for the app requests, since there are how many Iphone apps out there? several hundred thousend? It's hard to come up with something new that hasn't been done for other phones before.
    Faster typing? Let me tell you, my son whips out almost 10000 messages every month. I think its safe to say that you can type fast.
    I personally can not think of a single situation when a simple touch screen would have been of any advantage.
    07-21-09 10:03 PM
    I will definitely look into the (click-a-roo fix-a-roo).

If there is no possible way to obtain a normal touch screen from the storm, is there any way to make the whole "touch screen button" really sensitive when you press it?

Right now I have to press it down pretty hard to get the screen to click, is there some sort of part I can switch in order for my screen to press down with a light touch?

hope someone knows something about this idea

thanks again for the help
    07-21-09 10:27 PM
    Lol.. ask me if I care that a bunch of dorks on an internet forum are going to make fun of me defending the OP's post asking about disabling SurePress.

Why the **** do you all feel the need to post in a thread to talk sh*t when you've got nothing useful to say? If you're not too illiterate to read my post where I said I don't mind SurePress at all.. you'd realize I don't dislike a main feature of the phone. Simply said that it would be a useful feature/app.

And trust me.. I can text pretty damn fast, don't really feel like getting into an argument over how fast you can type with SurePress, but like I said.. disabling SurePress would certainly make texting faster.

Congrast camoko, you're son texts a lot... so do I. I'll take my opinion over your son's, but thanks anyways. And camoko, like you said.. it's hard to come out with something that hasn't been done before [on the iPhone]. So, how exactly does the OP wanting to disable SurePress mean that he wants an iPhone? Great logic man, really. I'm sure the ONLY difference between the iPhone and Storm is the fact that the Storm has SurePress.

Damn you guys really need something better to do with your lives.

And P.S. I searched before reading this thread and the threads I came across were about 4 months old. So telling someone to search isn't always the answer for topics relating to a phone that is constantly updated. For a car forum, sure... cars don't have applications that come out daily. But that's not the case here. Nice to see that dorks can come on here and get a laugh out of someone looking for a new feature to their phone. Try getting laid or something, might take some of this time off your hands that you use making fun of something that is SO hilarious like this.

EDIT: This thread is actually pretty hilarious now that I think about it. The fact that it made some of your guys' day is pathetic and makes me laugh pretty hard myself.
    Last edited by uconnkid3219; 07-21-09 at 10:38 PM.
    07-21-09 10:28 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD