I used to have a pearl and the trackball wore out over time.
    I had to trade it in for a Voyager (cause I was 15 at the time and could no longer afford the data plan anyway.)

So now I'm looking to go back to BlackBerry, with the Storm. Does the screen click ever wear out? And I was also looking at the Tour, but if the Tour is more than $200 with upgrade discounts, i will get a storm.

Thanks in advance
    06-10-09 04:19 PM
    It most likely will. Some people say their hasn't. Mine did. There is multiple things you can do to fix it. Search click fix. I cut a small piece off of a hotel key card and put it behind the battery. Works great, keeps the screen clicking like new.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 04:25 PM
    ive had 5, 3 because of screen click issues...just saying...

IMHO dont get it please, get the tour once released
    06-10-09 04:28 PM
    You will get a mixed reaction on this. Logically, it will in due time-because it is a moving part.

Mine lost some of it "clickness" but my storm has take some really hard hits and drops.
    06-10-09 04:33 PM
    Dime on top of the batt, cards under the batt

Torx t6 fix

All ways to fix it.
    06-10-09 04:38 PM
    if you type click screen into the search engine you may be shocked at the amount of entries.

blackberry make excellent communications devices.. the one that has the most complaints has a click screen

Me I would choose a non click screen..any model will do
    06-10-09 04:39 PM
    Mine clicks the exact same as the day I bought it which was in Nov. 08 when it was first released. You can always open the back cover up and tighten or loosen it with the T9 torx screws...
    06-10-09 04:42 PM
    do yourself a favor and wait till storm 2 comes out in a few months.
    06-10-09 04:44 PM
    Mine clicks the exact same as the day I bought it which was in Nov. 08 when it was first released. You can always open the back cover up and tighten or loosen it with the T9 torx screws...
    t6,maybe t7, t9 is way too large. Even a t8 will not work.
    06-10-09 04:46 PM
    do yourself a favor and wait till storm 2 comes out in a few months.
    The man's right. However, mine has NEVER had any problems.
    06-10-09 04:46 PM
    Yes the click screen sucks overall from a reliability standpoint.

I would say most others would agree that other than that the phone is really nice if running the latest OS update.
    06-10-09 04:47 PM
    i have had mine sense the day of launch and the click works the same as it did the day of launch...

some may have problems with the phone over time as with any device..

but it seems to be solid to me
    06-10-09 05:03 PM
    I'll echo... all the devices are different in terms of click. Mine, for example, doesn't click very well on the edges. I stuck two pieces of a baseball game ticket behind the battery and it works great. Not the best fix due to the bending, but it works great now.
    06-10-09 09:16 PM
    Mine is a week old and didn't have a strong corner click, I cut a piece of thin plastic, similar to a credit card, placed it on the battery, better than new. Clicks with authority, much greater speed when typing now too.

I hope it stays good though. I am worried about reliability with this phone. I will probably be wishing I had just waited for the Tour.
    06-10-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD