soo yea, 3 days after I recieved my very first blackberry which is the storm, I dropped it earlier today on the floor of BJ's (it's a bulk food store incase you don't know it) and and and the back came flying off as well as the battery. I almost shed a tear as it was dropping and as I put it back together. The damage was a few nice scratches on the top of the phone between the lock key and the other key (no idea what that does) and now the screen can moe a tiny bit. Also,the side (if standing in regular cell phone mode. Or the bottom if turned to the side with ear piece to the left) is kinda damaged aswell. The screen kinda moves is kinda out of place so I need to push a little harder to get it to "click". Is there a way I can re-adjust or tighten the screen to make it factory brand spanking new status?
    12-29-08 04:15 PM
    There's a thread on here on adjusting the screws search screen click problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:19 PM
    Oh man sorry to hear that! Hope you can fix it.

12-29-08 04:30 PM
    Sorry to hear you dropped your phone....I am not sure the screws are the reason its moving but give it a shot.. if you just got it i would call verizon if you are still within 30 days tell them the screen is moving a lot maybe they will send you a replacement. Hey its worth a shot! Good Luck!
    12-29-08 04:34 PM
    I have posted a fix for your problem under "Ultimate-official-tips-tricks-only"
    12-29-08 04:35 PM
    Wow dude that hurts... Its like watching another guy get kicked in the nuts...even if u don't know him u still feel the pain

Anyways the clicked piece probably shifted when it fell... There is a post on here that tells u how to fix that, i'll try to find it for u...but ur best bet is to try and get ur carier to replace

As for that unknown button to the right of ur lock... Its the mute button

Good luck and keep us posted

12-29-08 04:48 PM
    awwwww, this is a family oriented website I love you guys =) If I call Verizon, would I need to send them the current one to recieve the replacement or do I keep the current and recieve the replacement? Thanks for the help and advice guys, I really appreciate it =)

P.S. thanks for telling me it's the mute button lol
    12-29-08 04:55 PM
    awwwww, this is a family oriented website I love you guys =) If I call Verizon, would I need to send them the current one to recieve the replacement or do I keep the current and recieve the replacement? Thanks for the help and advice guys, I really appreciate it =)
    Why would Verizon send you a replacement when you dropped it? Did you post that you had insurance, and I missed it?
    12-29-08 04:56 PM
    Dont tell verizon you dropped the thing and just tell them the screen's loose With it being so new they'll supply him with a new one regardless of insurance. They send you the new one before you send the old one back.
    12-29-08 05:01 PM
    Why would Verizon send you a replacement when you dropped it? Did you post that you had insurance, and I missed it?
    what verizon doesn't know wont hurt them besides, with all the charges and crap they give us on our bills, I say screw them
    12-29-08 05:01 PM
    I'm beginning to understand why my monthly bill is so high.
    12-29-08 05:02 PM
    I'm beginning to understand why my monthly bill is so high.
    Me too. To the OP, that's called "fraud". You should read up on it before you do something that could cause legal action against you.
    12-29-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD