I dont know where they went...they were there one minute and then i checked my messages and the entire day of may 5th and most of may fourth was gone...how is this possible, i didnt tell my storm to delete them.
    05-06-09 07:25 AM
    Is it just those two days? Is it text messages and emails? It may be the brginning of a memory problem. What is your file free memory at? Go to options>status and post that number here...
    05-06-09 07:28 AM
    yes...just sms and mms messages WHICH I NEED BACK ASAP.
    35357556 Bytes.
    Thanks...
    tried uploading sms database to computer and then sending it back to bb...but they werent just hidden
    05-06-09 07:37 AM
    your application memory got low due to leaks and the BB deleted your texts even though you told it to keep them forever

it doesnt care, it deletes anyway
    05-06-09 08:26 AM
    Did your BB delete your call log (the list of who you called, who called you, an your missed calls) too? If so, it IS your BB running out of memory. Once the thing gets too low, it will search everywhere for extra memory, and SMS messages, MMS messages, E-mails, and the call log are the first to go since they take up a lot of memory and don't necessarily have to stick around (according to your BB).
    05-06-09 08:59 AM
    whats so weird is that the memory is just being taken up by applications. i mean, a battery pull fixes it. there should be something in place to free up some memory rather than deleting possibly important texts/emails
    05-06-09 09:31 AM
    For clairification. Does the Phone delete "older" SMS/Email first or does it take from the "top" as in most recent
    05-06-09 11:38 AM
    Has this issue of the device deleting messages actually been credited or is it mere speculation? I let my memory get low all the time (usually below 2 mb) and it has never deleted my call logs or messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 12:08 PM
    Taken from the top...with the exception of emails marked urgent
    05-06-09 11:45 PM
    Try turning off "Hide filed messages" in Options
    05-07-09 12:59 PM
    Has this issue of the device deleting messages actually been credited or is it mere speculation? I let my memory get low all the time (usually below 2 mb) and it has never deleted my call logs or messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I've had this happen numerous times when I had a Pearl. I would Pull the battery and it would stop for quite a while. After the first couple times I just rebooted the phone when I noticed it getting sluggish.
    05-07-09 02:38 PM
    This is definitely a known issue and the biggest reason why most users actively monitor the memory usage. Another good reason to backup your BB on a weekly basis. No backup? then those messages are gone.
    05-07-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD