It's not cracked too bad, as I can see it, but it completely throws off the touch screen. Does anyone have a fix for this, or am I going to have to get a new Storm?

I do have insurance. Thing is, I don't want to trade in my phone because I have sensitive information on this one. I can't seem to get everything to back up onto my computer either. If I do trade it in, I need to find a way to wipe the data off of it.

I think I might just conveniently "lose" my phone, and then cash in the insurance. Is this a good idea? My insurance isn't through Asurion, but through my local Verizon authorized agent. I had to pay a one time fee of $100 to get the insurance, and will have to pay $40 to get it replaced, and then another $100 to buy the insurance on the replacement phone.
    06-05-09 02:05 PM
    To wipe everything on the phone you can go to Options > Security Options > General > press the BB/menu button > select Wipe Handheld and follow on-screen instructions.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can get everything you need from Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, NEC, LG, Apple, Microsoft, Acer, 3G, HTC, Samsung, Tools, Dopod/O2.

No comments on the insurance fraud.
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    Yeah, I can't do anything with the touch screen. All I can do is press the actual buttons.
    06-05-09 02:19 PM
    What is the issue when you try to back up? If you are getting a data base error, then whild in DM, go to backup/restore>Advanced and scroll down to Browser Data Cache and clear it. Then try backup again.

Don't forget to backup third party apps as well. You do this in the Swithch phones area.
    06-05-09 03:24 PM
    your going to have to get another one, sounds like the digitizer is all out a wack, if that's the case it's cheaper to pay the deductible on it and replace it, digitizers are expensive and cost's about the same to have a tech put it in for you. just get replacement and do a restore to the replacement. it will be as good as just before you cracked the screen.
    06-05-09 03:35 PM
    Just get the insurance replacement, no comments as well on the insurance fraud. I'm also in your boat... My storm fell victim to the washer machine.
    06-05-09 03:38 PM
    Sorry to hear about your cracked screen. I'd probably opt for a replacement.

That "one-time" $100 fee doesn't sound so much like it's one-time if you're having to pay it again in order to have another phone insured. I'd be curious to know what the motivation was to opt for that cost as opposed to the Assurion plan?
    06-05-09 03:59 PM
    Well I decided against the insurance fraud. I'd have to file a police report, and that's too risky for me.

Well, I was mislead on the other insurance. I thought it was $100 once, and if you got a replacement, it was covered as well. I found out it wasn't when my friend broke his, and had to pay another $100 go have it reinsured.

I'm trying to see if I can get enrolled with Asurion once I get my replacement. Verizon and Asurion gave me the run around, so I'll see if I can do it online, once I activate the new line.
    06-05-09 05:39 PM
    I am not sure what the policy is on getting insurance if you didn't purchase the phone directly through verizon..
    06-05-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD