I have actually looked through it seems like millions of posts on different threads, trying to find information on this lil issue I have with my storm. I don't really have any big problems with the phone, and was able to sync "some" of my Itunes from my mac....as I was reading threads I keep seeing people say, make sure your mass storage is on or off..whichever, right now thats not the issue....lol, I follow the directions...go to options, advanced options and look for mass storage card...etc. I've done that and there isn't one. I don't even know what that means to be honest. Since I've been able to download music, I assumed the card came installed in the phone. Is that wrong? I am a newbie and don't want to annoy people, but I am confused..and feeling dumb!! Its hard to get any info from Blackberry, cause they don't support Macs very much...seems like we have to do alot of research and jerry-rigging to get things to work together. I can't even get the "leaked" updated, cause of the conflict. Anyway, I guess I'll go to Verizon to see if they can update for me, since I honestly don't know anyone who isn't using a mac. Thanks in advance for your patience and help.
    12-03-08 09:35 PM
    did you try using Rhapsody? WOrks great for me... though i don't know how it will fly w/ a mac
    12-03-08 09:47 PM
    The Mass storage mode is under Options-->memory ( the options on your homescreen). When you turn this on, it allows your computer to see the card as another drive just as if you plugged in a USB drive. It allows you to copy and paste files over to the card on the phone without using Desktop Manager (although if you turn this on, desktop manager may not see the phone).

As for the update, when it is official you should be able to do it over the air (OTA) on your phone directly.

Don't feel bad - this is what the forum is for! You search for answers then if you cannot find them - you ask!

Have fun.
    12-03-08 09:50 PM
    Perhaps its the DMR protected music thats not transfering? I havent tried this yet but can the DM w/Rhapsody transfer iTunes DMR/downloaded musice too??
    12-03-08 09:53 PM
    Don't feel bad - this is what the forum is for! You search for answers then if you cannot find them - you ask!

Have fun.
    Finally someone who actually did SEARCH
    12-03-08 09:53 PM
    Perhaps its the DMR protected music thats not transfering? I havent tried this yet but can the DM w/Rhapsody transfer iTunes DMR/downloaded musice too??
    I have been trying and since i responded to this post and so far I have not been able to find a way to transfer DMR music
    12-03-08 10:15 PM
    I have been trying and since i responded to this post and so far I have not been able to find a way to transfer DMR music
    Apple has it pretty locked down. they do provide a way to get rid of the DRM. You can transfer your music to CD from itunes. Then load it back on the computer and it will be DRM free. It is a pain, but I am not sure there is a better way with itunes.
    12-03-08 10:25 PM
    Finally someone who actually did SEARCH
    Mother of god.... Hope everyone has their parkas because **** is about to freeze over.
    12-03-08 10:59 PM
    Thank you all for your responses! I found it Troutseth, lol. Everywhere else I searched, including Blackberry's website..said to go to advanced options..blah blah blah..and look for mass media storage. It was under memory, as you said..which isn't even under advanced options!!

This is really an excellent website. I'm learning to do alot more with this BB, then I would have without it!

Again,
    Thank you
    12-04-08 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD