I want to upgrade to a Tour. Is the Tour better than the Storm? If so, in what ways? I really want to upgrade because touch screen phones aren't for me. I have had no real bad problems with my Storm I have had it since January 9, 2009, I just would rather have a keyboard rather than a touchscreen. I had a verizon rep, or whatever they're called tell me that I should wait to get the Tour because it's got a lot of kinks in it. Well, when I bought my Storm, it was still a very new phone but had no real major problems with it.

I need some much needed advice!!! Thanks!!
    10-06-09 11:00 AM
    10-06-09 11:11 AM
    The OS's of the Storm and the Tour are very similar. The Tour does have a lot more application memory. The Tours issues have been pretty much resolved and its a great device. If touch screen isnt for you then the Tour is the way to go, you will love it.
    10-06-09 11:13 AM
    I don't know anyone that has the tour, but when i messed around with it in the store, it seemed the exact same as the storm, but with a itty bitty screen and a trackball and a keyboard lol, but it seemed like a very good phone. I have also seen a lot of people with it, seems like where ever i go someone has a tour or a storm, like the other day i was at the doctors and there were 3 other people in the waiting room with me and we all had the storm, was really weird lol but its up to you i would go to verizon and mess around with it.
    10-06-09 11:51 AM
    The tour seems like a really good device...I admit it would be hard for me to go back to that small screen...Hope things work out for you....
    10-06-09 12:02 PM
    +1 Agreed.
    10-06-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks everyone, for your advice! The thing that may take some time getting used to is the trackball...and the smaller screen.

I have another year left with my storm but I was told that I have an annual upgrade in Jan 10.
    10-06-09 12:35 PM
    I think the only time a smaller screen will be an issue would be when surfing the web or when viewing photos. Other than that the screen size won't be an issue. I don't do a ton of surfing with my phone and the screen on the Tour is a good enough size to see photos just fine.

I think it all comes down to preference. If you like a touch screen, the Storm is for you. If you don't, the Tour is for you.
    10-06-09 01:24 PM
    To me, asking which is better between the Storm and the Tour is like asking which tastes better between apple and orange. They're two totally different things and I don't think you can ask which is better.

If I were you, I'd buy the Tour (pay retail with a credit card) put it on my account so I can actually use it and get used to it a bit and return it within the 30 days (even better is before your credit card statement closes).

Now you know for sure which device is right for you. But you already told us that touchscreen phones aren't for you...
    10-06-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD