So I came across a video a while back that showed how to clean memory from your phone (aside from the browsing history, sms/emails, etc.).

While you were on the messages option go to options and show keyboard and then type in something like ": / :"?

Does anyone do this????

Thanks in advance...
    06-26-09 06:53 PM
    ya i know what you mean.. it was like "//"//"//" or somthing.

Just download log maid from the crackberry app store. It clean your memory. There will be no icon or anything but it will be doing its job.
    06-26-09 07:36 PM
    Rotate the phone into landscape in the app screen. BB button. Show keyboard. lock the keyboard into numeric and type "/"/ - The log will show up. Hit the BB key and erase the log. Done
    06-26-09 07:41 PM
    Rotate the phone into landscape in the app screen. BB button. Show keyboard. lock the keyboard into numeric and type "/"/ - The log will show up. Hit the BB key and erase the log. Done
    +1

Also if ya have quick launch, it has a menu option to quickly do the same thing. Just two button/clicks away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:46 PM
    same with meterberry

I never look at the event log. I ought to configure it to not log things, but as soon as I do I know something will happoena nd I'll want to look at it.
    06-26-09 08:57 PM
    Note: u can't disable event log...only clear &/or hide.
    06-26-09 09:00 PM
    Also works in portrait with full QWERTY.

06-26-09 09:05 PM
    You guys are awesome...thanks for the feedback
    06-27-09 02:02 AM
    Note: u can't disable event log...only clear &/or hide.
    you're right, I misread the options screen. I saw all the check boxes and thought it was to disable each of those events, but it's just to not show those kinds of events when viewing the event log, they still get logged.

I've got meterberry set to periodically clear the log anyway
    06-27-09 08:07 AM
    Also works in portrait with full QWERTY.

Do I know something that civic doesn't? That is a miracle. It works in SureType too, it ,5,5

06-27-09 08:40 AM
    Hi. What exactly is the event log and what is the benefit of deleting it every so often? Thanks.
    06-27-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD