Have you had a blackberry before? Have you had a winmo phone before? Answer that and I will let you know why bb is a better phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have had windows mobile (moto Q) and i just got the storm. i would love to hear your info.
    11-27-08 02:07 AM
    Your a troll. Plain and simple. Anyone that looks at your posts can figure this out. Nothing will ever make you happy, I feel sorry for you.
    You can now go back into your corner and talk to your imaginary friends. Whenever you meet someone you don't like you yell "troll! troll!" I'm sorry that life is about rationalizing for you.

Fact is I like the Bold a lot although I think the keyboard is a step back. I think the HTC Touch Pro on Sprint is quite good, although currently unavailable. I'm hoping that my extensive research into Verizon's phones will help others take a GOOD LOOK at what they buy first before they blindly run into a decision to get something new only to find out some serious shortcomings.

Time for your happy pills!!!!
    11-27-08 08:57 AM
    You can now go back into your corner and talk to your imaginary friends. Whenever you meet someone you don't like you yell "troll! troll!" I'm sorry that life is about rationalizing for you.

Fact is I like the Bold a lot although I think the keyboard is a step back. I think the HTC Touch Pro on Sprint is quite good, although currently unavailable. I'm hoping that my extensive research into Verizon's phones will help others take a GOOD LOOK at what they buy first before they blindly run into a decision to get something new only to find out some serious shortcomings.

Time for your happy pills!!!!
    It's all up to the individual. Just because one person thinks a particular design is a shortcoming doesn't mean everyone has to think that way. So while you strive to point out flaws, those or other aspects could be features to someone else.

For instance, I hate the iPhone mainly because it can't cut-n-paste, and can't send/receive picture messages. However, those things don't mean as much to some as they do to others.

Many hated the Treo 700P for its lack of WiFi, GPS, and stereo bluetooth, yet it was very popular among those who preferred PalmOS as an alternative to Blackberry and Windows Mobile.

Everyone is going to have their favorite device no matter how biased their opinion might be, that's just the way it is. Trying to convince them otherwise is usually nothing short of a waste of time.
    11-27-08 09:13 AM
    The big disadvantage of winmo devices isn't hardware, or interface, or even software.
    It's that they're winmo. A pig in a dress is still a pig, and no matter how big a camera, pretty a screen, fast a processor or massive a memory you give a winmo device, it'll always suck because it's winmo.
    I've used winmo devices for 3 years and the os makes me sad sometimes - how so many people buy into it when it's so poor. Interesting to hear how the omnia feels against the storm - I played with one before buying the bold and it seemed no better than my htc devices - dragged down by winmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 09:16 AM
    It's all up to the individual. Just because one person thinks a particular design is a shortcoming doesn't mean everyone has to think that way. So while you strive to point out flaws, those or other aspects could be features to someone else.
    The flaws I'm looking at are, unfortunately flaws, not features. I think SureType sucks but someone else might be able to live with it, fine. But, to give one obvious example, VZW placing the "M" key to be excommunicated to the right side of the keyboard behind the "up" arrow was beyond absurd. Even more of a flaw is the horrible lag times I experienced with all the Storms I've seen, most telling with the accelerometer. It will eventually be fixed but that's a flaw.

For instance, I hate the iPhone mainly because it can't cut-n-paste, and can't send/receive picture messages. However, those things don't mean as much to some as they do to others.
    True although that IS a huge omission.

Many hated the Treo 700P for its lack of WiFi, GPS, and stereo bluetooth, yet it was very popular among those who preferred PalmOS as an alternative to Blackberry and Windows Mobile.
    Lack of WiFi and GPS are features that should have been put into the phone but don't detract from the usability. My Treo was great while I had it for the most part. Few could complain about the usability. It's simple. The problem is many in this day and age do use a Web Browser, far far more than WiFi. If Blazer can't be updated to the point where it's reasonably decent, then you have to think about real world issues to the phone that most people will use on a day to day basis.

Everyone is going to have their favorite device no matter how biased their opinion might be, that's just the way it is. Trying to convince them otherwise is usually nothing short of a waste of time.
    The fact is that many here won't gripe about their Storm purchase because no one want to fell that being "one of the privileged few" to get their hands on a limited supply of Storms might not be such a great thing. Sure, some people may not see so many of the problems (not differences) but it's the people who really want to feel good about the purchase who don't want to see the serious downside and just shut it out because hearing it takes the luster off of their purchase. I understand that. But I can also state the facts and just say that those facts have held me off from actually purchasing the phone and being amongst "the chosen ones" come holiday season.
    11-27-08 09:30 AM
    I will be interested to see how you like it... i have been a winmo user for the last 3 years... never satisfied though. used the omnia for about 20 min the other day and put it down... and went to buy the storm.
    So far im 99% happy with the storm.
    11-27-08 09:41 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD