Hi,

I have no way to create/send MMS messages. Am i missing something?!
    i've tried searching, no luck.

Alex

PS, i've tried re-sending service books on BIS.
    01-03-09 04:04 PM
    Your SMS and MMS inboxes are combined. You can compose a new MMS from your SMS inbox.
    01-03-09 04:06 PM
    From the Messages folder, press the BB key and one of the options should be Compose MMS.

or

From the Contacts folder, select a contact, press the BB key and press the option that says MMS "contact's name."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 04:08 PM
    thanks for the replies!

when i go compose, i only have the option to send email, PIN, SMS Text, IM.

so confused.

ps

i've noticed that a lot of screen shots show the folder sayign SMS & MMS. Mine only says SMS for some reason.
    Last edited by Alex015; 01-03-09 at 04:24 PM.
    01-03-09 04:20 PM
    Are you in your messages folder, or SMS and MMS folder?
    Also, some American carriers do not allow MMS on Blackberries (cough*Sprint*cough) so you may want to call Telus and verify MMS capabilities on your device.
    01-03-09 04:22 PM
    Do you have the MMS Client service book? If you go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book> it should say MMS Client [MMS] and another saying MMS Tranport (RIM) [WPTCP].

If they aren't there try resending the service books and a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 04:26 PM
    hmmm good to know. i'll give em a call, thanks for your help!
    01-03-09 04:27 PM
    nope, no mms service books
    01-03-09 04:28 PM
    Just did a search, looks like it's a telus thing... BS!

Thanks for your help

good trick for anyone on telus:

quote from another poster:

mms on telus blackberry pearl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to send your pictures through mms from a telus blackberry pearl, you have to send an email and attach the picture to it and then send the email to 10-digit phone [email protected] (only to send to other Telus cell phone). e.g. [email protected]

The other person will receive it as a regular text message with the picture in it.

You can also receive your mms on your pearl by setting up your mms to be forwarded to your blackberry. Call telus technical support and they will help you set it up.

good luck.
    Last edited by Alex015; 01-03-09 at 04:34 PM.
    01-03-09 04:31 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm only getting the option to Email, SMS, or Pin. Seems like it must be my carrier.

Are there any Canadian members who know any way to send MMS messages with Bell?
    01-05-09 07:47 PM
    Ya for some reason Bell blocks the blackberrys from sending MMS. Ive searched the net and sometimes you can send an e-mail to phones that can receive MMS. You have to know what the MMS address is for the carrier though. I think for bell its @bellmmsc.bell.ca but cant confirm at the moment. Tried to send a e-mail with a picture to gf's phone but Bell was acting up and wouldn't let her register her account. But you apparently enter the persons 10digit phone number like [email protected] . Not 100% sure if this is the correct address or not though.
    01-05-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD