Why doesnt RIM make all their phones compatible with the chargers?

Its irritating me now because I am visiting my family in arizona and I Figured if any software updates came out I could just use my fathers USB cable (He has the world edition for sprint) and I could get the updates. Of course .83 came out the day after I arrived and i'm anxious to see how it performs.
    12-26-08 05:05 PM
    Why doesnt RIM make all their phones compatible with the chargers?

Its irritating me now because I am visiting my family in arizona and I Figured if any software updates came out I could just use my fathers USB cable (He has the world edition for sprint) and I could get the updates. Of course .83 came out the day after I arrived and i'm anxious to see how it performs.
    Different phones uses different amounts of power.
    12-26-08 05:13 PM
    Do any phone companies do this?

Every phone is different, therefore needing different accessories.
    12-26-08 05:14 PM
    Do any phone companies do this?

Every phone is different, therefore needing different accessories.
    Yep a lot of phone companies do this. They can make more money this way.
    12-26-08 05:18 PM
    I would think they'd be making more money by having specific accessories for specific phones, instead of making everything compatible.

VZ definitely likes to keep everything seperate.
    12-26-08 05:22 PM
    Yeah, since they manufacture all the phones right? Do you think LG, Samsung, Motorola and Nokia are colors or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 06:25 PM
    Go eat a cookie.

Then remove the stick from your ****.
    12-26-08 06:28 PM
    "Every phone is different" is also quite wrong. I use my Motorola car charger on several Moto phones and 2 blackberries.

If you weren't posting blatant lies, maybe people that know better would be less critical.

12-26-08 06:35 PM
    "Every phone is different" is also quite wrong. I use my Motorola car charger on several Moto phones and 2 blackberries.

If you weren't posting blatant lies, maybe people that know better would be less critical.

I'm really happy for you.

If I would have meant EVERY CHARGER IS DIFFERENT, I would have said that. Didn't think I needed to specify when I clearly said PHONE.

Someone not get laid this Christmas?
    12-26-08 06:40 PM
    So your insightful comment is that things that are different, are different? Wow.

3 is more than 2. Left is not right. Etc.

12-26-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD