Everything worked great until this morning. I couldn't sign onto my Yahoo email from my computer for about an hour (received an error message during that time). During this time I received an email from BlackBerry saying I could not get my email from this account. I could eventually sign onto my Yahoo email from my computer, but now I can't on my BlackBerry. I've changed my password and tried to enter this new info in the BlackBerry but it still says the password is wrong. BlackBerry says I have too much email in my box (which I think is not a logical answer because it worked before). My other two Yahoo emails on my Storm are still working. Any ideas?
    05-14-09 05:44 AM
    Service outage compliments of yahoo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:34 AM
    What is interesting is how the other two Yahoo emails I have on my BlackBerry are working.
    05-14-09 06:44 AM
    My Yahoo mail is working fine on both my bb and pc.
    05-14-09 06:49 AM
    Glad your Yahoo mail is working fine, Jamesx0. Not sure why you wanted to tell me this.
    05-14-09 08:37 AM
    Have you tried signing into BIS and removing/re-adding that email account?
    05-14-09 08:39 AM
    Service outage compliments of yahoo.

My Yahoo mail is working fine on both my bb and pc.
    He wrote this repling to Storm cracker.

Just so you knew it was nothing to do with Yahoo themselfs as posted with Storm crackers.

Glad your Yahoo mail is working fine, Jamesx0. Not sure why you wanted to tell me this.
    05-14-09 08:40 AM
    I have gone into BIS and did what you suggested...did it yesterday. I also purged my email account per BB's instruction. Both BB and I cannot get this Yahoo address to be accepted.
    05-14-09 08:48 AM
    I figured out what was wrong. There is a new version of Yahoo where the format is more modern. I think this throws off the BB and it won't recognize the new Yahoo. Once I changed back to the old style of Yahoo it was easy to sign in again.
    05-15-09 04:11 PM
    I figured out what was wrong. There is a new version of Yahoo where the format is more modern. I think this throws off the BB and it won't recognize the new Yahoo. Once I changed back to the old style of Yahoo it was easy to sign in again.
    Really? So you had to go back to Mail Classic in order to get it to work? I'm glad you figured it out, but I am using the "newer" Yahoo, and I can get my mail just fine on the phone. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything... I'm just curious as to why it didn't work for your phone, if that's the case. Interesting.
    05-15-09 04:51 PM
    I think that's just an interesting coincidence, the functions of Push email have nothing to do with the web interface for your emails, The web interface acts from POP3 mail where the interface is the User Agent and Queries the mail delivery agent(MDA) for any incoming mail, with push email the MDA automatically send it to your device. In a RIM push email the web interface is never touched nor known to even exist. Yahoo prolly just had some issue with one of there servers that managed to be resolved sometime around when you switched.
    05-15-09 04:58 PM
    Just call vzw and they will fix it.. This happened to me and its working now

05-15-09 05:54 PM
    i have a separate email account for email notifications from CB, easier to just clear the whole inbox vs. sorting through CB alerts and personal email...and i've noticed that i'd say one out of three alerts is delayed by up to and sometimes more than an hour...the time on the email shows sent to yahoo, but the time on the berry shows when its sent to the berry. i've had the yahoo update in front of my face, and it jumps WAY down the list based on the time stamp...wtf is up with yahoo???
    05-15-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD