OK I mentioned this in the .141 findings thread and nobody said anything, so I thought I would ask the mass.
    There was a glitch reported that on .141 any key would unlock the phone. This is true, except with a password. So I added a password and realized it moves too slow for me so decided to take it off. It wont go away! Under my security settings it reads:

General Settings:
    Content compression: Enabled
    Content Protection: Disabled
    Strength: Strong
    Include Contacts: No

Am I missing something?
    05-12-09 04:42 PM
    Password is the top line in the security options. If it is Enabled, change it to Disabled. Then press escape. You'll have to enter the password one last time, then when you exit the screen, the password will be removed. This is a security feature that prevents someone who does not know the password from being able to change or disable it.
    05-12-09 04:51 PM
    If password disable not accessible:

Options > memory > encryption mode > none.
    05-12-09 04:59 PM
    Password isn't under Security Options. It has it's own location. Go to Options-Password. This sounds like where JeffH was actually referring to since enabled/disabled is the first option here.
    05-12-09 05:48 PM
    Password isn't under Security Options...
    Yep. FYI:
    If encryption activated, password button locks (=gray) on enable.
    05-12-09 06:15 PM
    Password isn't under Security Options. It has it's own location. Go to Options-Password. This sounds like where JeffH was actually referring to since enabled/disabled is the first option here.
    Thanks for clarifying the location. That is the menu setting I was referring to. On my 8830, Password is under Security Options. RIM may have moved it to make it easier to find.
    05-12-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD