Hi,

I just bought the Storm, until 1 hour the network was working. Now it doesn't. When I want to call or text it put SOS, but when he's charging there is edge or 3G... And at the moment I unlock it the SOS appear... At least they can make a functionnal cellphone before sale it...

So what I do now?

Thanks!
    12-09-08 02:40 PM
    go to manage connections and make sure the radio is turned ON.
    12-09-08 02:41 PM
    To manage connections? Sorry I don't understand very well English, I'm French and I'm just 17! Which connections are you talking about?

And where can I check that the radio is turned ON?

Thanks
    12-09-08 02:43 PM
    There is an antena looking icon that says "manage connection"

Then turn on.
    12-09-08 02:44 PM
    Right. There is write:

Network : Active in green

I turned it off then turned it on to see and the SOS stays!
    12-09-08 02:47 PM
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me. I'd give your customer services a ring, they may swap it out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 02:54 PM
    I think I will ship it back to Germany. I take a Bold or I keep the Storm?
    12-09-08 02:55 PM
    It is not a hw issue it is a sim issue what network are you on?

12-09-08 04:55 PM
    I'm with Orange. It's maybe a SIM issue, I'm going to see with them tomorrow!
    12-09-08 05:16 PM
    I'm with Orange. It's maybe a SIM issue, I'm going to see with them tomorrow!
    There's your answer then - the Storm is exclusive to Vodafone. You'd need to get the device unlocked to use it on another network.

12-09-08 05:33 PM
    Tirez la batterie. Laissez le t�l�phone dessus et tirez la batterie. Attendez 10 secondes et remettez-les dedans. Voyez si ce fixe vos probl�mes. En outre, le contr�le pour s'assurer le SIM est pos� correctement dans le t�l�phone. Si vous pourriez l'employer avant, votre SIM n'est pas verrouill�.
    12-09-08 07:05 PM
    whoa Civ! Did you babelfish that or do you really parlez vous francais? I took 5 years of French but don't remember much. I can read what you wrote but I would have been hard pressed to remember how to compose it myself.
    12-09-08 07:19 PM
    Thank you for your answers!

Actually my BB is unlocked.

Merci! Je l'ai achet� d�bloqu�, j'ai d�j� r�initialiser le BB mais je vais r�essayer! Vous parlez bien fran�ais!
    12-10-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD