I'm using the Blackberry desktop manager, along with Win XP explorer on the Balckberry drives and I cannot find any address book files. I do indeed have an address book but many entries are many years old and need editing, deleting, etc. I would like to drop my address book into a spreadsheet and do some editing and then upload the revised files. I have contact info in multiple apps so it would be nice if I could do edits on my own in a spreadsheet file.

I'm not interested in linking to Outlook or via Google link.

Can anyone give me a file path, though I've checked all viable folders on both drives? Or maybe explain why contacts aren't using a straightforward scheme that a PC user can understand?

Thanks
    Last edited by BreezyOhio; 01-11-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: clarification
    01-11-09 10:15 AM
    I'm not sure that you can export the files from your blackberry. I believe you would need to link them to Yahoo, Gmail, or Outlook. From there, you could export to a CSV file and make any necessary changes and the upload back to your clean blackberry.

I've used the Yahoo method and it works great.
    01-11-09 10:20 AM
    Desktop Manager doesn't have any editing tools, other than deleting databases. RIM expects you will already be using a PIM. Outlook works perfectly, and is no doubt the preferred RIM from the BlackBerry's point of view, but you can use others.
    01-11-09 10:24 AM
    I am using a PIM but not Outlook. And just for the record I will NEVER use Outlook. It's just another MS virus spreading application. I have an online business PIM (TigerCRM) and an old desktop that I like too.

What good is Blackberry manager if I cannot get to my contact list with it?
    01-11-09 10:31 AM
    01-11-09 10:41 AM
    DM is used to install apps, backup and restore your databases, and configuration synchronization. It's not a PIM or PIM-replacement. Here are the supported organizers from the BlackBerry site:
    Organizer Support
    IBM Lotus Notes 6, 6.5, 7, 8
    Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007
    Microsoft Outlook Express 6, Microsoft Windows Contacts (Vista Address Book)
    Novell� GroupWise� 6.5, 7.0
    Yahoo!� PIM
    01-11-09 10:44 AM
    I use Excel, as explained here:
    THANKS! That looks EXACTLY like what I want!
    01-11-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD