So i bought it today and im not a vzw user at all. called the support number and they gave me the unlock code. i unlocked the device and can make calls is there anything else i have to do to get me sms and mms and email to work? i know theres threads out there but cant find them
    11-25-08 06:31 PM
    I believe from reading the other threads, that you can only get the phone to work and not SMS/MMS or e-mail The browser doesn't work either. The SIM card that the Storm uses, I think, is on the European band and not the American.
    11-25-08 06:33 PM
    Deleted Post was here
    Last edited by dms936; 11-25-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: I was wrong and I withdraw my post
    11-25-08 06:35 PM
    I just unlocked my storm also. will mms and sms, email and browser work if i transfer tmobile service books? just a thought.
    11-25-08 06:36 PM
    I don't doubt that the phone can be used on AT&T or T-Mobile as others have placed pictures of the phone being used on those networks. But I believe those unlocked Storms are only being used as a phone and have lost many features like the browser and e-mails.
    Last edited by atang79; 11-25-08 at 06:40 PM.
    11-25-08 06:38 PM
    I just unlocked my storm also. will mms and sms, email and browser work if i transfer tmobile service books? just a thought.
    I doubt it. I only say that because AT&T and T-Mobile run their SIM cards on a different band than the European providers. Verizon's Storm will work with a SIM card inserted, but you won't get the correct band to recieve and send data which is required for those services.
    11-25-08 06:39 PM
    I doubt it. I only say that because AT&T and T-Mobile run their SIM cards on a different band than the European providers. Verizon's Storm will work with a SIM card inserted, but you won't get the correct band to recieve and send data which is required for those services.
    i hope not cause i can make and recieve calls. from all the thrends i read there are people saying they can do sms mms and email. but i havent been able to use them. can anyone walk me thru it?
    11-25-08 07:04 PM
    i switched it to att and couldn't not get the browser to work either.
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    ok i can email and receive all emails from all my accounts, sms, and surf the internet i just cant seem to retrieve the image when someone sends me an mms and i cant send an mms either
    11-25-08 07:58 PM
    ok i can email and receive all emails from all my accounts, sms, and surf the internet i just cant seem to retrieve the image when someone sends me an mms and i cant send an mms either
    how did you get you sms email and browser to work
    11-25-08 07:59 PM
    celesteb can you pin me and help me out to get it to work
    11-25-08 08:04 PM
    this probably a stupid noob question but oh well here i go, are all storm unlock codes unique to the device/sim? or is it one code unlocks all?
    11-25-08 08:07 PM
    You get a unlock code from verizon for YOUR phone. Idk if they are device specific but they can't be used more than once. Don't quote me though
    11-25-08 08:49 PM
    What sort of process did you have to go through to unlock the phone with Verizon?

I am very interested in the international unlocking abilities
    11-25-08 11:50 PM
    all i did is buy the phone out right and call global support and told them i wanted to unlock the phone and they help me out
    11-25-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD