I have to wait until Feb 9th for my annual upgrade!

I could sell my 8830 to offset the cost of retail and or give back my Curve but I don't want to give up my Curve!!!

Does anyone know how I can get this phone earlier?

Maybe I should be a patience grasshopper and wait till Feb when some of the bugs are worked out, but I just don't believe there will be issues with the phone that are drastic.

Any thoughts?
    11-13-08 03:19 PM
    Trade em'. Get the Phone. It's calling you.
    11-13-08 03:21 PM
    Get both..You know you want to..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:25 PM
    i know a way but i hate jedi's lol
    11-13-08 03:27 PM
    I don't get why you are mad? You have the choice you just need to make up your mind on what to do? me? I'd get the storm if you want to keep the Curve keep it and just pay the difference. if you don't have the funds to buy it wait til feb it is only a few weeks away.
    11-13-08 03:29 PM
    I have to wait until Feb 9th for my annual upgrade!

I could sell my 8830 to offset the cost of retail and or give back my Curve but I don't want to give up my Curve!!!

Does anyone know how I can get this phone earlier?

Maybe I should be a patience grasshopper and wait till Feb when some of the bugs are worked out, but I just don't believe there will be issues with the phone that are drastic.

Any thoughts?
    You could go with what was suggested to me:
    Add a line (dummy line) to your plan for 9.99 a month (making it a family share plan) and then get the storm for the dummy line at 'new contract' price. Then do el'switcho with the phones. Once your current contract runs out you can kill the second line. Depending on when that contract date is (its not the same as the NE2 date) it may save you money vs doing retail right away.

It would for me, but my NE2 is close enough that I cant justfiy a lack of patience and expense of going that route.

EDIT: My date is closer then Feb. (late Dec) but even that is tough to stomach, so I can only imagine. If I could drop the dummy line in April (in my scenario), and your NE2 is three months later, I would assume that means yours would be three months later.... so.... I think you could get the phone at new contract price plus the 9.99 until July (figure 80ish dollars). This idea actually sounds like a winner for your situation.
    Last edited by Midnight Q; 11-13-08 at 03:36 PM.
    11-13-08 03:29 PM
    if your on an individual plan, and u signed a 2 year contract, you might be eligable for an annual upgrade which would mean u could just sign another 2 year contract without getting an NE2 which would mean u would only pay 200 for the phone instead of just buying it for retail and selling your curve.
    11-13-08 03:33 PM
    Add a line (dummy line) to your plan for 9.99 a month (making it a family share plan) and then get the storm for the dummy line at 'new contract' price. Then do el'switcho with the phones. Once your current contract runs out you can kill the second line. Depending on when that contract date is (its not the same as the NE2 date) it may save you money vs doing retail right away.

It would for me, but my NE2 is close enough that I cant justfiy a lack of patience and expense of going that route.

EDIT: My date is closer then Feb. (late Dec) but even that is tough to stomach, so I can only imagine. If I could drop the dummy line in April (in my scenario), and your NE2 is three months later, I would assume that means yours would be three months later.... so.... I think you could get the phone at new contract price plus the 9.99 until July (figure 80ish dollars). This idea actually sounds like a winner for your situation.
    I never thought of that. Brilliant. I wish I had done that the last time around.
    11-13-08 03:54 PM

Officially confused!!!
    11-13-08 04:02 PM
    if there was a way, but you had to turn to the dark side...would you? ahh the true test of a jedi
    11-13-08 04:15 PM
    I was told to wait on the storm by a verizon tech. There are issues with the phone. I also heard the screen is very easily broken. I think you should wait. Just me.

11-13-08 04:22 PM
    I was told to wait on the storm by a verizon tech. There are issues with the phone. I also heard the screen is very easily broken. I think you should wait. Just me.

Ha. Suit yourself.
    11-13-08 04:26 PM

You keep waiting, they will fix or replace a malfunctioning phone. I've done it a few times with other phones, I don't worry about things like that and let them sort out the problems for my phone IF there is any. I've always been taken care of at VZW.
    11-13-08 04:30 PM

nooooooo sir

11-13-08 04:31 PM

I would wait... as apparently a Storm with WiFi is coming out in early 09.
    11-13-08 04:43 PM
    Well, CX has mentioned that a phone is coming that, in his words, will make the Storm an afterthought. I know there will always be generational upgrades and even giant leaps forward. But what's over the horizon shouldn't always stop you. If you like what the Storm has to offer, leap.
    11-13-08 04:48 PM
    Officially confused!!!
    yeah, its not what i'd call straight forward... Not quite sure how to rephrase it.

Imagine you got married. Your spouse wants a phone, and you want to just share the mins you currently have. You can add them for 9.99 to your current plan (which then becomes a "family share" plan) and they can pick out a phone at (important part) 'new contract' prices.. because for VZWs perspective they are a new customer.

Well, in this case, they dont actually exist so you just hijack the phone (yoink!) from the non-existent spouse's account and have Verizon do an ESN change (apparently not a big deal). Presto chango you have the phone at new contract price.

The catch is that you have to carry the 2nd line for the life of your current contract until you are able to change your plan (and kick the dummy phone line to the curb) which would happen approx 4 months after your NE2 date.

In reality you could have the 2nd line active, if you had any reason to. An emergency phone for an elderly relative or something maybe. Hey, that'd even make you a good person on top of getting the storm at a good price. BONUS!

hope that made a little more sense. in the right scenario, its a great idea.
    11-13-08 04:50 PM
    I would wait... as apparently a Storm with WiFi is coming out in early 09.
    Apparently and assuming this is true for early '09 which I highly doubt. It'll be a year from now as RIM has brought new models to market on a yearly basis. They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot.
    11-13-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD