Is there a way to make Hulu work on a storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 03:41 AM
    Nope. Hulu is a flas streaming site. With Skyfire it will be able to but Skyfire browser is in the last stages of alpha testing

08-24-09 04:58 AM
    Will skyfire be free?

08-24-09 05:03 AM
    Yes it should its free for other platforms. Winmo and symbian I think.

08-24-09 05:17 AM
    Man this sucks now we just got to wait and see what happens.
    08-24-09 05:58 AM
    I oresonslly will be overjoyed when skyfure gets released to the storm. I'll have yet another thing to rub in my friends faces about my storm =)

08-24-09 10:51 AM
    Hulu was blocking the SkyFire and PS3 for several months. No one ever got a response as to why from Hulu or Skyfire as far as I've seen. It looks like Skyfire even removed their link in the start page (its still in the bookmarks though). It worked again for me last week after over 2 months on my WinMo phone. Dont expect SkyFire to be our saving grace for Hulu just yet.
    08-24-09 11:34 AM
    That is just wrong.... We need to find a app that will let us watch hulu !

08-24-09 01:59 PM
    Skyfire is currently NOT being developed for storm. Its only for blackberries with real keyboards.

08-24-09 02:23 PM
    i'm trying to figure out a way (mr spock, remember from the m.nbc.com discussion) on how to enable like a kind of simulcast from my PC via orb or another "slingbox" like app and forward that media to my phone in a compatible manner...any ideas?
    08-24-09 03:22 PM
    i'm trying to figure out a way (mr spock, remember from the m.nbc.com discussion) on how to enable like a kind of simulcast from my PC via orb or another "slingbox" like app and forward that media to my phone in a compatible manner...any ideas?
    Hack into your storm and put internet explorer with flash on it?

08-24-09 06:53 PM
    i'll get right on that....

i was thinking something more like a video capture software i could use, create a hulu queue, then this capture software will cache the videos on my PC, then i can stream them via orb...but idk how that would work completely, or if it's even possible...
    08-24-09 06:56 PM
    Would this allow us Canucks to view Hulu? ATM we can't, due to Hulu not allowing Canadians to view.
    08-24-09 08:13 PM
    You know this frosts me even more about BB and I don't even have one yet.

Why not create a system where if you get a BB and you live in the States, they can make your IP read as if it was in the States.....perhaps have servers in Toronto route traffic to somewhere else then out to the net.....
    08-27-09 02:08 PM
    Would this allow us Canucks to view Hulu? ATM we can't, due to Hulu not allowing Canadians to view.
    Google proxy server. That's all I'm saying.
    08-27-09 03:17 PM
    Google proxy server. That's all I'm saying.
    +1

10char
    08-27-09 03:25 PM
    Can you use a remote desktop like app? I would assume not but figured I would ask

08-27-09 07:32 PM
    Can you use a remote desktop like app? I would assume not but figured I would ask

most of the apps that redirect media like this require a tuner card, and can only redirect video coming from the tuner as a source, or DVR/downloaded shows, that are saved to your PC...
    08-28-09 12:18 AM
    Is it hard for RIM to give us flashplayer cuz hulu is the ish...

08-28-09 01:53 AM
    Is it hard for RIM to give us flashplayer cuz hulu is the ish...

RIM just bought a company that has a webkit browser in development, and they have already spoken about wanting to enhance and add flash to the native BB browser. Here's a link to the News thread about that acquisition....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...its-way-300842
    08-28-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD