I have just joined VZ and received this 9530. Browsed into VZW home page (blackberry bookmarks) and went into NBC. Tried to play one of the TV video and got this error message access denied. clicked detail and found out I'm not authorized to watch. Do I need to subscribe or pay for this? anyone know how to fix this issue?

HTTP: Error 403: forbidden
    You are not authorized to view this page.
    Please try loading a different page.
    05-13-09 02:28 AM
    Because http://m.nbc.com is not supported on the Storm. I hear the iPhone is now.

Do I need to subscribe or pay for this? No
    Anyone know how to fix this issue? I just think the Storm has yet to support the way the videos are played. Not entirely sure.
    05-13-09 02:32 AM
    Not sure about that website. But the storm will not play .flv (flash player) and other important formatss

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 02:44 AM
    welcome to crackberry yoyo-man
    05-13-09 03:46 AM
    http error 403 has nothing to do with flash. Make sure your browser is set to internet browser. Also make sure your favorites are saved that way as well. Mine defaults to telus WAP Browser when saving favorites.

Anywhere in your browser hit BB button > options > browser configuration > select internet browser > a little bit lower > select blackberry > save settings.

You might have it adjust some of your favorites separately.

I almost returned my phone over this error.

Not saying this will let you watch a flash video but it might help with the 403 error.

Last edited by smcoldBB; 05-13-09 at 05:53 AM.
    05-13-09 05:48 AM
    Last month I had no problem watching full episodes of The Office on my Blackberry Storm 9530 through m.nbc.com. Then at the end of last month to the beginning of this month I started receiving the 403 Error Message.

With that being said...the Blackberry Storm is clearly capable of playing these videos since it used to work for me. I called Verizon and the Tech had me go through a whole bunch of steps to "fix" this and it did nothing. That included making sure the browser was set to Internet Browser like what was recommended above. He also had me clear out my Cache and history etc. None of this worked. I also sent an e-mail to NBC but they didn't reply.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on how to fix this or a reason why the access was taken away.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dancing Terps; 05-13-09 at 10:49 AM.
    05-13-09 10:47 AM
    This sounds like VZW is throttling the bandwidth on sites now. I noticed this as well, looks like this is Verizon's way of sticking it to us on the storm now.
    05-13-09 01:44 PM
    idk about throttling, many of the pages are faster than before. maybe they changed the file extension for the videos and our browser isn't capable of loading it? it sounds like a decoding issue between the site and the browser...
    05-13-09 01:56 PM
    Last month I had no problem watching full episodes of The Office on my Blackberry Storm 9530 through m.nbc.com. Then at the end of last month to the beginning of this month I started receiving the 403 Error Message.

With that being said...the Blackberry Storm is clearly capable of playing these videos since it used to work for me. I called Verizon and the Tech had me go through a whole bunch of steps to "fix" this and it did nothing. That included making sure the browser was set to Internet Browser like what was recommended above. He also had me clear out my Cache and history etc. None of this worked. I also sent an e-mail to NBC but they didn't reply.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on how to fix this or a reason why the access was taken away.

Thanks
    +1

I just watched 2 episodes of The Office to catch up to the 5/7 episode last week and now today I tried to watch "Casual Friday" again and it is giving me the 403 Error
    05-13-09 02:34 PM
    I have had the shortcut for that site for over a month. It used to work but it seems like vzw blocked it once it became popular.

The quality was pretty bad, but it was still nice to have.
    05-13-09 03:04 PM
    I'm thinking that VZW did something. NBC Mobile used to work fine for me until recently. I downloaded one of the NBC episodes and it played fine on the Media Player. It just doesn't want to stream anymore. I also got a error (can't remember the error number) but it said something to the effect that the file was too big to receive. I hvae also received the 403 on other sites that had worked previously as well. I doubt multiple sites changed their video formats around the same time.

-DrumBoy
    05-13-09 09:22 PM
    And this was JUST one of the blogs on one of the tech sites... I can't remember which one. Just read it on Viigo today. The blog was all about how great these videos look on the Storm, and the whole article was about watching m.nbc.com videos. Weird.

EDIT: Found it! Watch NBC prime TV free on your BlackBerry Storm
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-13-09 at 09:32 PM.
    05-13-09 09:26 PM
    that same blog posted above is just filled with comments from every vzw storm owner reporting same issue. It really makes me sick what a greedy, money grubbing, penny pinching tight wad of a company VZW is. I don't understand why they are the number 1 carrier in regards to subscribers in the US, I didn't have any of the lock downs regarding bandwidth, bluetooth object push etc with AT&T. And I thought Ma Bell was supposed to be the evil overbearing empire!
    05-14-09 02:37 PM
    that same blog posted above is just filled with comments from every vzw storm owner reporting same issue. It really makes me sick what a greedy, money grubbing, penny pinching tight wad of a company VZW is. I don't understand why they are the number 1 carrier in regards to subscribers in the US, I didn't have any of the lock downs regarding bandwidth, bluetooth object push etc with AT&T. And I thought Ma Bell was supposed to be the evil overbearing empire!
    how can you prove that VZW is the reason it doesn't work? how do you know that it isn't an unsupported file type, or some other issue causing the error....if VZW was throttling, you wouldn't get a "forbidden" error, you would get a server traffic error
    05-14-09 02:40 PM
    Every person complaining was on VZW, people using Bell or one individual on an unlocked device using T-Mobile were able to access... It is just an assumption on my place, this is just the proverbial straw on the camel's back, if you love VZW service, please don't let my ranting sway you, to each their own.
    05-14-09 02:46 PM
    my goal today is to try to find out WHY it isn't working, my thought is that it isn't intentional on anyone's part...while i watch the red sox's day game against the angels i'll research the issue, PM me and we'll work on this together

TEAMWORK FTW
    05-14-09 02:48 PM
    Oh yeah, I've been getting:

HTTP Error 413: Entity Too Large
    The page you requested could not be loaded.
    Please try loading a different page.
    OK DETAILS

When I choose "Details":
    Request Entity Too Large

Frustrating.

-DrumBoy
    05-15-09 02:19 AM
    I too am getting a 403 Forbidden error telling me that I am not authorized to view the page and to try loading a different one. I tried all browser settings and clicked on many different videos and just the same message. Very bummed, I want to watch the SNL clips!!!

05-21-09 07:40 PM
    I get why it's not working, but why promote that the videos will play on a storm then switch to .MOV?
    05-26-09 06:23 PM
    http error 403 has nothing to do with flash. Make sure your browser is set to internet browser. Also make sure your favorites are saved that way as well. Mine defaults to telus WAP Browser when saving favorites.

Anywhere in your browser hit BB button > options > browser configuration > select internet browser > a little bit lower > select blackberry > save settings.

You might have it adjust some of your favorites separately.

I almost returned my phone over this error.

Not saying this will let you watch a flash video but it might help with the 403 error.

My browser worked fine until I had to do a hard reset to my device and ever since I get the "HTTP Error 403 Forbidden". I have tried going in and changing the option from WAP to internet browser but as soon as I save the option and then go back in the phone has reset itself to WAP....what is going on with this???? Why would it have worked before and since I wiped my device it would stop working....??

Someone please give me an idea!
    05-27-09 10:14 PM
    My browser worked fine until I had to do a hard reset to my device and ever since I get the "HTTP Error 403 Forbidden". I have tried going in and changing the option from WAP to internet browser but as soon as I save the option and then go back in the phone has reset itself to WAP....what is going on with this???? Why would it have worked before and since I wiped my device it would stop working....??

Someone please give me an idea!
    I don't know how but I figured this out and now the settings seem to be saving to Internet Browser and not the WAP browser. I actually had to go into my "browser configuration" and leave it as WAP then go into "general properties" and switch it to WAP and save the settings. Then I had to go back into configuration and change to internet, then to properties and save as internet and it finally seems to be working and saving properly.

I hope this makes sense to anyone that reads it!
    05-27-09 10:23 PM
    Has anyone figured out why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it if you don't have WAP?
    05-28-09 10:38 AM
    they changed the format of the media on the nbc site, and the VZW servers won't run it, they're too resource intensive.

there was another thread where i explained why in greater detail, i posted the definition of the error code, etc...if you find that, you find your answer! lol...
    05-28-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD