I have an HTML doc on my PC desktop that I'd like to have on my BB so that I could just open it in the browser and click on links as I need them.

Seems simple enough but not straightforward to me.

Standard disclaimer, sorry if this has been asked and answered before!

Thanks in advance,

Grumpy Old Tom
    08-14-09 11:49 AM
    I have an HTML doc on my PC desktop that I'd like to have on my BB so that I could just open it in the browser and click on links as I need them.

Seems simple enough but not straightforward to me.

Standard disclaimer, sorry if this has been asked and answered before!

Thanks in advance,

Grumpy Old Tom
    How about emailing it to yourself? Then save it on the blackberry?

Just a thought.
    08-14-09 11:59 AM
    Well, yeah, but then how can I open it? Well, let me try it first and see if it shows up someplace easy.

Thanks! I've never worked with docs of any kind on this, just music, ringtones & pics.
    08-14-09 12:04 PM
    Just as I suspected. I saved it, it asked me if I wanted to open it. I opened it, but after closing, there seems to be no way to find it again.

Obviously I'm missing something about how to work with this thing. I know it's not a PC, but isn't there some way to find a file you've saved on this thing, similar to explorer on the PC?

Geeze I feel dumb! I can program in several languages and have built my own PC's and can't seem to do something like this that ought to be reasonably simple!

Thanks again,

Tom
    08-14-09 12:19 PM
    media > bbmenu > explore
    08-14-09 12:21 PM
    Come up to Pittsburgh I owe you a drink!
    08-14-09 12:25 PM
    Come up to Pittsburgh I owe you a drink!
    Wait a second. I came up with the email idea, don't I get a drink?
    08-14-09 01:09 PM
    Indeed you would be welcome!
    08-14-09 01:16 PM
    I didn't help at all!! Where's my drink?
    08-14-09 01:26 PM
    Well, maybe you can help. It's a pain going to Media-BBmenu-Explore-Media Card-Blackberry-Documents, click on the HTML file and when it opens, find the link I want then finally get what I'm after. Especially if I'm driving - well, I just can't do that while I'm driving.

It'd be really cool if the link or "shortcut" to this file was one of those squares on my home screen. Easy on PC, on but on BB? But man, if i can figure this out, I hit the box, the links open up and there I am, piece of cake and a whole lot safer!

Best,

Tom
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Tom; 08-14-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: can't type...
    08-14-09 09:34 PM
    Bump to the top! Thanks if anyone can help, and to those who have.

Tom
    08-16-09 11:31 AM
    There is an app called quick launch. I've never used it but my understanding is it's suppose to do what you're looking for. Check it out in 3rd party apps.
    08-16-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD