Just so you know, if you plug the Blackberry into Desktop manager (Windows OR Mac), then click on the apploader (applications on mac) and remove anything you never use. I found that my phone had 20mb or Asian fonts that I never use. I haven't finished yet but it should be an improvement - I can now finally install some more apps.
    04-30-10 02:56 PM
    Not to be a smarta** or anything u know that if u use Shrink a OS when u install ur fav leak or hybrid it does the same thing i'am just saying
    04-30-10 10:29 PM
    Some people problably wouldn't feel comfortable using a third-party application that has a BIG warning stating that the almighty BDM won't be able to easily fix you device if something goes wrong, unless you do a complete wipe and reinstall and the JVM wasn't harmed.
    04-30-10 10:44 PM
    I always use the loader to remove those files. I don't use any notes or docs to go along with the asian fonts anyway.

But, I know a quicker way which involves a few steps.

1. Remove batter cover
    2. Remove battery
    3. Replace battery
    4. Replace battery cover

lol it is the best fix for everything!
    05-02-10 07:12 PM
    there where not 20MBs in fonts. DM doesnt display the MB sizes correctly often times.
    05-02-10 07:43 PM
    there where not 20MBs in fonts. DM doesnt display the MB sizes correctly often times.
    Before I did this I only had about 18 mb free memory if I'm lucky, then it will choke in a couple days. I just removed the fonts, and now I usually have 30mb free, and I haven't rebooted yet.

This is DM for Mac so it can't have the same bug. and, see attachment.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-02-10 at 08:30 PM.
    05-02-10 08:19 PM
    and i will repeat myself, what you see in DM doesnt always equal to what you "save" or gain when you load the OS.

Look at shrink-a-os, when you load that with a fresh OS install it reports 80 mbs or so in the java folder. now when you delete a bunch of stuff and run it it says something like 35 mbs total size of the folder. with your theory since all you are playing with is the java files is that if i would load the OS without touching it i would start with 25 mbs but if i shrank or removed the files and go that down to only 35, i should boot with 70mbs. But we all know that doesnt happen.

you might gain a little memory from deleting the languages but my guess is they arent installed in the first place since most times you have to ADD IN the other languages because they arent loaded as a default setting
    05-02-10 08:31 PM
    All I can say is that before I had to do a battery pull every other day, where now it's been three days with plenty of memory left.
    05-02-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD