Hello,

I would like to know if someone can help me figure out how to use Poynt's Voice Navigation System while viewing Google Maps.

Thanks
    07-21-09 10:11 AM
    There is no voice navigation in Google maps. It looks like you must use one of the supported voice navigation apps.

Quick Google search found the following:

Poynt users have access to Voice Navigation Services Gokivo, VZ Navigator, Telus Navigator, AAAMobile, Metro Navigator and Your Nav. Users can select those services as their preferred navigation solution to map route within Poynt, allowing them to take advantage of audible turn-by-turn directions and auto-rerouting.
    07-21-09 10:17 AM
    Which one of those would you recommend.
    07-21-09 11:46 AM
    The Verizon one is a paid app...not sure about the others..
    07-21-09 11:49 AM
    Hello I am brand new to Blackberrys. I just got the Verizon Storm on Sunday. I love it so far, but I am confused on the nav. I understand VZ navigator is an extra cost per month, but I came across this Poynt app last night and it seems to work although I do not have the VZ navigator subscription. Is it really free otr am I going to be billed somehow? Thanks for any answers.
    07-21-09 12:03 PM
    I would figure it would work with bb maps too but guess it doesnt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 12:05 PM
    Hello I am brand new to Blackberrys. I just got the Verizon Storm on Sunday. I love it so far, but I am confused on the nav. I understand VZ navigator is an extra cost per month, but I came across this Poynt app last night and it seems to work although I do not have the VZ navigator subscription. Is it really free otr am I going to be billed somehow? Thanks for any answers.
    Poynt is not a navigation app. More like white pages/yellow pages. It will, however, interface with most Nav apps installed on your device.

I use Google Maps for navigation and it is indeed, free. GPS is unlocked on your Storm so you just go into Options, Advanced Options, and set GPS Services to "Location On". The default is E911 only. You need Location On for the GPS to work.
    07-21-09 08:03 PM
    If you are specifically talking about VZ Navigator, the rep that sold you the phone could have signed you up for VZ Navigator without telling you so they can get a few more dollars in commission. It does come with 30 day free trial (or it used to) so if you just got, you probably don't have to worry about it. I really liked VZ Navigator and Telenav but I couldn't see myself paying for it so I'm just sticking with Google Maps. The only difference is that Google Maps will not give you VOICE TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS.

You call VZW to see if you're subscribed to VZ Navigator or use the My Verizon app.
    07-21-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD