Can anyone tell me how to take an in-focus picture with the Storm??

When I press/hold the right button, the autofocus continually tries to focus -it gets it right for a moment, but then just continues to go out of focus. When I press the picture button on the screen, it takes a pictures 3 to 5 seconds later and it's ALWAYS out of focus.

What's the trick??

Thanks,
    Bert
    01-27-09 06:51 PM
    press it a little.. wait for focus then push it all the way.
    01-27-09 06:55 PM
    press it a little.. wait for focus then push it all the way.
    Does it matter what do you press - button on right or button on screen? The manual indicates to press the button on the left to focus and the button on the screen to take the picture.

Is there a trick to getting it to focus? Mine doesn't ever focus.

bert
    01-27-09 07:11 PM
    I have found the camera to be virtually useless. The delay in the “shutter” makes it impossible to do any close up work as you are required to hold the camera on your target with a blank screen as a guide. Then, after waiting a second or two, the “shutter” takes the picture. By the time the “shutter” snaps people have moved or your hand has moved and you are expected to (not to move) with a blank screen as a frame of reference.

Repeated calls to Verizon and conversations with RIM have proven useless. This is a shame as the camera resolution is good.

Blue Fox
    01-27-09 07:35 PM
    I have found the camera to be virtually useless. ...
    Repeated calls to Verizon and conversations with RIM have proven useless. This is a shame as the camera resolution is good.

Blue Fox
    Not what I wanted to hear, but it supports my experience. The long delay is because it's waiting for the autofocus to complete. But in my experience, it never really does!

Hopefully a future firmware update will help.

bert
    01-27-09 08:06 PM
    I use the dedicated camera key on the right side of the storm or the top if you hold the storm in landscape with the phone keys on the right. I usually just press the key all the way down. But when I'm far from the subject, I press the button half way and once it turns green, I press it the rest of the way down. Starting with .85, I have been able to have my pictures taken instantly once I click the button. Also with the latest update, the camera menu bar is transparent allowing you to see the entire picture on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:13 PM
    Sounds like if an official update ever comes out it may fix this problem, it is annoying.
    01-27-09 08:16 PM
    Does it matter what do you press - button on right or button on screen? The manual indicates to press the button on the left to focus and the button on the screen to take the picture.

Is there a trick to getting it to focus? Mine doesn't ever focus.

bert
    No, it doesn't matter. Just choose one or the other to focus. When I take pictures in Landscape I use the physical button. If I take a picture in portrait, I use the on screen button.

If you're using the on screen button to focus, place your thumb or finger (which ever you use) on the camera icon and you will notice a box will appear on your screen. When the box turns green, then click the on screen camera button.

Same applies if you're using the right convenience key. Press the button halfway and the box will appear. Once the box turns green press the button and release and the picture will be taken.
    01-27-09 08:20 PM
    tag........ thanks
    01-27-09 08:54 PM
    Ahhhh..... others with camera issues. Basically it sucks. If you want to read more, follow this thread -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/do...ust-me-114887/
    01-27-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD