I just had to exchange my blackberry due to a stress fracture on the screen. How can I transfer the information (e-mails, text messages, personsal settings ect) to my new storm with DM?
    06-03-09 04:59 PM
    I just had to exchange my blackberry due to a stress fracture on the screen. How can I transfer the information (e-mails, text messages, personsal settings ect) to my new storm with DM?
    With the device switch wizard. You only want to plug one berry in at a time though.
    06-03-09 05:00 PM
    do you still have the old phone?
    06-03-09 05:00 PM
    Nope they took it back..
    06-03-09 05:01 PM
    Nope they took it back..
    sorry but youre pretty much screwed.
    06-03-09 05:03 PM
    sorry but youre pretty much screwed.
    There isn't anyway of loading the backup file on there with just one blackberry?
    06-03-09 05:03 PM
    There isn't anyway of loading the backup file on there with just one blackberry?
    Yes. Go to backup and restore> choose the restore option. This will only restore data, not third party applications.
    06-03-09 05:05 PM
    Yes. Go to backup and restore> choose the restore option. This will only restore data, not third party applications.
    Thanks, just figured that out too. How would I go about doing third party apps that required a pin number, which was from my old phone?
    06-03-09 05:07 PM
    no because you need the first bb as a point of reference for the second bb.
    06-03-09 05:08 PM
    Thanks, just figured that out too. How would I go about doing third party apps that required a pin number, which was from my old phone?
    If you purchased the apps through a site like CB you need to change your PIN that is associated with the site. Any other apps you need to go through the individual site that you purchased the app from.

no because you need the first bb as a point of reference for the second bb.
    He had a previous backup that was probably done right before the phone was returned to verizon. However if he had started the device switch wizard prior to going to verizon and just left the session open for when he got back with the new phone that would have transferred most if not all of the 3rd party apps as well.
    06-03-09 05:19 PM
    If you purchased the apps through a site like CB you need to change your PIN that is associated with the site. Any other apps you need to go through the individual site that you purchased the app from.

He had a previous backup that was probably done right before the phone was returned to verizon. However if he had started the device switch wizard prior to going to verizon and just left the session open for when he got back with the new phone that would have transferred most if not all of the 3rd party apps as well.
    yeah thats true....
    but what do you suppose the odds are?
    if he had the foresight to do that then he wouldnt be posting this thread to begin with.
    06-03-09 05:25 PM
    yeah thats true....
    but what do you suppose the odds are?
    if he had the foresight to do that then he wouldnt be posting this thread to begin with.
    Most people don't but I back everything up including 3rd party apps weekly.
    06-03-09 05:37 PM
    Most people don't but I back everything up including 3rd party apps weekly.
    yeah me too.
    lol my phone has already been backed up 3 times this week. every single time i add to or take away anything on my phone it gets a new backup file ASAFP.
    06-03-09 05:46 PM
    Did you do a third party backup before you exchanged the phone? It is not clear from your post, but you do mention the pin #.

If you have it, go to apploader in DM and browse to that file with the old pin #, double click on the alx file and see the apps now show up in apploader in DM.
    06-03-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD