As of now, I've downloaded the Russian language into my Storm. The only purpose for that was to text my friend for a little fun. But, here's the problem. When i go into my text and begin a new message and the keyboard pops up, the only thing i see is a few punctuation marks, the symbols key and the '123' key, every other key is left blank. But as soon as i click out of my new message, the actual Russian letters come up. I can use Russian, say, on the notebook App., but i can't text with it.

Anyone know how to fix it?

If anything is unclear, I'll try my best to clear it up . Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Pedalboard; 03-11-09 at 06:14 PM.
    03-09-09 04:42 PM
    Bumpity

03-09-09 06:41 PM
    In Soviet Russia...text sends you!!!

sorry couldn't resist. Did you try installing Russian/Cyrillic via desktop manager? Thats all I can think of. Send RIM an email if all else fails. Good luck!
    03-09-09 07:04 PM
    Awww man. I was so excited to see another reply on my thread.

Damn you. >

03-10-09 08:53 PM
    Does absolutely anyone know at all? And hints as to how i could find out from another site?

03-11-09 06:14 PM
    I am sorry not to be able to help you, as I have not used a Storm.
    There is absolutely no problem sending e-mails or text on normal keyboard Blackberrys (Curve 8310, 8900, Bold) either in Europe or in Russia. Some US service providers may not use Enterprise software, which supports the required code pages.
    Have a look at the long forum exchanges on the PDA forum (Google "Russian text on Blackberry).
    You should be able to simply change into a Russian keyboard, if you have selected Russian language support. On a normal keyboard, if you press Alt and Return you get a language selection screen, where you can choose the language you wish to type in. Do not know, how it works on a Storm, with only a vertual keyboard.
    Do not think RIM would be any help - they are not too good at answering questions, or solving user problems!
    Mikhail.
    03-21-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD