Is there a way to tell what programs I have running on my storm at any given time? Sometimes I access multiple programs and forget which ones they were and want to know that they are all shut down. From what I understand, when using a program followed by hitting the red end key the program goes away but doesn't "close".

Tom
    11-27-08 09:53 PM
    Yes, just press and hold the menu key from the home screen. It's like pressing ALT-Tab on your PC.

Lou S.
    11-27-08 10:07 PM
    ooops....never mind
    11-27-08 10:08 PM
    Yes, just press and hold the menu key. It's like pressing ALT-Tab on your PC.
    That is NOT accurate. Pressing and holding the BB key will bring up a list of FREQUENTLY used programs, NOT ones that are open.

If you doubt that, click one of them, close it, then press and hold the BB key. It will still be there.
    11-27-08 10:09 PM
    actually capt your both right and wrong ........ yes it is current programs running and it is the 5 apps that are always running no matter what .. only way to stop them is to delete them. good try capt lol
    11-27-08 10:11 PM
    Sooksie... you're killin' me here. I've tested that a few times, and closed the programs listed. They stay "open" on the (hold BB) key list. I'm convinced that is nothing more than a convenience... not an actual representation of progs that are open.
    11-27-08 10:16 PM
    So anything on there in addition to the "5" are programs running. I opened up a song and back out quick without closing it. I then held the menu key down and there were 2 additional icons.... 1)"media" and 2)"now playing"

Here is what I show running...
    1. phone
    2. blackberry messenger
    3. home screen
    4. browser
    5. messages
    Now phone and home screen must ALWAYS be running correct? all the others are the most used programs? I have no programs running that are not automatically running right now.
    11-27-08 10:20 PM
    Sooksie... you're killin' me here. I've tested that a few times, and closed the programs listed. They stay "open" on the (hold BB) key list. I'm convinced that is nothing more than a convenience... not an actual representation of progs that are open.
    Then try opening a program and going back without closing it. Hold down the blackberry key and the icon for that program will be listed.
    11-27-08 10:21 PM
    I just did a battery pull and then pressed 'hold-BB.'

1) Messages
    2) Phone
    3) Home
    4) Browser
    5) BlackBerry Messenger
    6) Application Center
    11-27-08 10:25 PM
    Then try opening a program and going back without closing it. Hold down the blackberry key and the icon for that program will be listed.
    I just tested it with BB Maps and it appeared. Well that's just plain weird
    11-27-08 10:27 PM
    So how do you close all running app's accept for those that continuously run?
    11-27-08 10:45 PM
    you have to go to each running app and close it with the menu key
    11-27-08 10:51 PM
    So how do you close all running app's accept for those that continuously run?
    Open the program, hit the blackberry key, scroll down to close.
    11-27-08 10:51 PM
    I just did a battery pull and then pressed 'hold-BB.'

1) Messages
    2) Phone
    3) Home
    4) Browser
    5) BlackBerry Messenger
    6) Application Center
    i always have these 6 running as well. can't get it down any further.
    11-27-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD