Again, I've searched on the subject and not had much luck figuring it out so I thought I would ask here.

Is there an easy way to determine if my Storm has an unlocked SIM? I will be traveling abroad in the near future, and its one of the reasons I got the phone, but its a used phone, so I don't know the entire history.

I do know that under Sim Card in Advanced options it says "security disabled" and has a long ID number shown as well. Also under Manage Connections and Mobile Network Options, it shows 3 options for Network Technology, Global, 1XEV, and GSM/UMTS. It is currently set to "Global".

So is my phone already unlocked? Or do I need to call? Should it be set to Global while im in the US, or 1XEV?

Sorry for the newb questions....
    06-18-09 09:53 AM
    If you didn't call and get a really long code, it's still locked.

The only true way to tell if it's unlocked is find a friend with a GSM phone, pop their sim in your phone, change your phone to GSM and restart.

You will still see your number, but if you call somebody, they will see your friends number
    06-18-09 10:11 AM
    06-18-09 10:12 AM
    Thanks Briard. Guess I'm gonna have to call. Says Sim: Diasbled and Network: Active.

I still wonder about the mobile network options, but I'll try to search better on that.
    06-18-09 10:25 AM
    Should it be set to Global while im in the US, or 1XEV?
    If you are on Verizon, and in the US, keep it set to 1XEV

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/1xev-global-174015/
    Last edited by Briard; 06-18-09 at 10:53 AM.
    06-18-09 10:41 AM
    Another way to tell if it's locked is to go to
    Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card, show the keyboard in landscape mode and type MEP2 (like you're going to unlock it). If it prompts you for the unlock key, it's locked, if it just shows you the SIM card info, it's unlocked.
    06-18-09 11:28 AM
    You could also check the branding version or whatever. I know that like 1=locked and 0=unlocked or something like that, I can't remember for sure though.
    06-18-09 12:07 PM
    06-19-09 11:31 AM
    You could also check the branding version or whatever. I know that like 1=locked and 0=unlocked or something like that, I can't remember for sure though.
    that can not be true, my branding version is 1.0.105.19, so according to your statement it is still locked, although I called vzw and unlocked it myself.
    06-19-09 11:49 AM
    that can not be true, my branding version is 1.0.105.19, so according to your statement it is still locked, although I called vzw and unlocked it myself.
    I wasn't 100% sure on my statement. I remember reading somewhere something like that, but I couldn't remember the info correctly. Plus my logic normally doesn't make sense Sorry if I confused someone who gave the wrong info
    06-19-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD