Hi,

I know that for any GSM phone, you can go into Options-Advanced Options-SIM Card and then type MEPD.... but the Storm doesn't have a SIM card, so how do you know if it's unlocked or locked.

Thanks in advance,
    SK
    02-11-09 01:46 AM
    Storm does have a sim card. Common misconception no worries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 01:55 AM
    Is that the case for both the 9500 and 9530 ???
    Thanks,
    SK
    02-11-09 02:01 AM
    Yes, both versions have a SIM. Open up the battery door and have a look see
    02-11-09 03:06 AM
    Same as other BBs:
    Options-Advanced Options-SIM Card and then type MEPD (show keyboard before type)
    On the Network should read "Inactive" (same as "disable" on other BB models)
    02-11-09 06:17 AM
    Same as other BBs:
    Options-Advanced Options-SIM Card and then type MEPD (show keyboard before type)
    On the Network should read "Inactive" (same as "disable" on other BB models)
    This does not guarantee that the Storm is unlocked. I unlocked my Storm shortly after obtaining it and Network still indicated "Active." I was subsequently able to verify that my Storm was unlocked by inserting a different SIM (AT&T) and placing/receiving a call.

Inserting another provider's SIM is the only definitive way to determine whether the Storm is unlocked.
    02-11-09 08:02 AM
    This does not guarantee that the Storm is unlocked. I unlocked my Storm shortly after obtaining it and Network still indicated "Active." I was subsequently able to verify that my Storm was unlocked by inserting a different SIM (AT&T) and placing/receiving a call.

Inserting another provider's SIM is the only definitive way to determine whether the Storm is unlocked.
    I have also verified this. I have a Storm 9530 on T-Mobile's network. My Storm is unlocked, obviously, and indicates "Active" as well.
    04-04-09 02:24 PM
    Telus does not use a SIM card, the only SIM card that came with my storm and is still in the box is for international roaming.
    06-18-09 10:19 AM
    Telus does not use a SIM card, the only SIM card that came with my storm and is still in the box is for international roaming.
    that is your SIM card..... for the time being however telus users only use it for roaming, but as i've been told when telus switches technologies the sim card will work on telus...
    06-18-09 02:08 PM
    telus will be switching to 4g. i believe the storm has 2g(edge) for north america gsm and if you're outside north america u can get 3g gsm also. so i dunno if any current devices will be compatible with telus/bell's new 4g lte network.
    06-18-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD