I work for a HUGE company headquarters and I want to sync up my work email (Outlook) to my new Storm (personal phone....not business phone). However, when I ask the guys in IT, they tell me that our company doesn't use the BlackBerry service for their company-issues smartphones (I think they use a Microsoft based application on their smartphones). Is there a way around this?? Please help!!
    12-19-08 02:45 PM
    Do you have the ability to use OWA to get your email on a PC? If so, you can probably set up your work email in BIS.

Failing BIS, you can use BB Redirector to forward email to your BB. The downside to that is your work PC will have to be on 24/7/365.
    12-19-08 03:09 PM
    If you want email only, then Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is the way to go. However, it will not sync up your calendar or your contacts unless you connect your BB to your PC/Laptop - through BB Desktop Mgr.

I recommend you try AstraSync. (Google it - I can't post links yet).

There is an annual subscription for this app, but you can try it for 7 days before you buy. They just released an updated version to make it compatible with both Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007.

It basically links up to your Exchange Server just like ActiveSync (for Windows Mobile devices) and keeps your calendar, contacts and email synced up. The down side - email is not pushed into your BB Email button. You have to view it from within the AstraSync app - copyright or license issues with RIM.

I have been using BIS for my work email and it gets me what I need. I sync up my calendar and contacts daily through the BB Desktop Mgr. Extra step, but oh well. BES costs $$$
    12-19-08 03:31 PM
    Thanks Chris B...I used your first suggestion and it worked perfectly!!

Thanks!!
    12-19-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD