I'm posting this for those that maybe have done some things to there storm and do not know how to get it back to the way it was when they first got it. Sorry if this is listed somewhere else.

* Options menu
    * Security Options
    * General Settings
    * BB Menu
    * Wipe handheld
    * Enter password ("Blackberry" or your business-assigned security password)
    11-25-08 11:59 PM
    This is mostly for those that have delete some preinstalled software that now want it back.
    11-26-08 12:08 AM
    My Storm was experiencing a TON of lag...did a wipe, reset all of my personalizations and she's running like new again!
    11-26-08 01:44 AM
    I hope this help my ring tone issue.
    11-26-08 04:20 AM
    It will. I had the same problem but this fixed it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 04:23 AM
    Does this erase all your contacts also?

11-26-08 07:06 AM
    No it doesn't. It also does not erase what you have on the mem card.

11-26-08 07:31 AM
    I do not have a BB menu under general settings.

11-26-08 07:57 AM
    I don't have the bb option either and somehow lost my browser
    11-26-08 08:04 AM
    My Storm was experiencing a TON of lag...did a wipe, reset all of my personalizations and she's running like new again!
    If you're expereincing a ton of lag on the 3rd day the phone came out, you're doing too much funny business.
    11-26-08 08:06 AM
    The BB menu just means the menu button...
    11-26-08 08:44 AM
    No it doesn't. It also does not erase what you have on the mem card.

It does wipe any contacts, calendar entries and anything else you have stored in internal memory.
    11-26-08 10:22 AM
    I don't have the bb option either and somehow lost my browser
    Go to Setup > Email Settings > hit Menu Button > Service Books > hit Send Service Books.

You'll get an Activation Email from Verizon and your Browser should be back.
    11-26-08 11:08 AM
    Anyway to wipe the phone number assigned originally from Verizon off the phone? I already have it unlocked and the Verizon service disconnected. When i go into the phone mode, it still lists my old verizon number.
    11-26-08 11:33 AM
    How do I wipe all my contacts, photos, etc.?
    11-26-08 11:36 AM
    I'm posting this for those that maybe have done some things to there storm and do not know how to get it back to the way it was when they first got it. Sorry if this is listed somewhere else.

* Options menu
    * Security Options
    * General Settings
    * BB Menu
    * Wipe handheld
    * Enter password ("Blackberry" or your business-assigned security password)
    If you do this procedure, this will not put everything back to the way it was out of the box. In terms of user data and config, yes, all that gets wiped, but if you happened to delete apps like VZNav or any other 3rd party app that was preinstalled, doing a security wipe will not reload those apps when it's done. Just FYI.
    11-26-08 12:09 PM
    but it will change all the changes and tweaks to the screen, os and such too right? What about other programs that have been installed. Sorry I am a BB newbie. I have the phone set up the way I want it. I don't want to have to start over just to get my ringtones and notifications back...
    11-27-08 10:29 AM
    but it will change all the changes and tweaks to the screen, os and such too right? What about other programs that have been installed. Sorry I am a BB newbie. I have the phone set up the way I want it. I don't want to have to start over just to get my ringtones and notifications back...
    You're not going to get the ringtones back by doing a wipe. You need to reload the OS to do that. However, if you do the OS reload correctly, it'll backup and restore the config you have on there. 3rd party programs are also wiped off the BB when you wipe.
    11-27-08 10:45 AM
    You're not going to get the ringtones back by doing a wipe. You need to reload the OS to do that. However, if you do the OS reload correctly, it'll backup and restore the config you have on there. 3rd party programs are also wiped off the BB when you wipe.
    Well I wiped mine and it asked me if i want to keep whats on my memory card and if i wanted to keep my 3rd party apps. I told it yes and it restored my factory ringtones, pictures, and the stupid movie trailer thing
    11-27-08 03:05 PM
    The title of your article is very misleading

A Security Wipe is NOT the same thing as a Restore / Reset to Factory Settings. A Security Wipe erases data, but does NOT erase configurations and settings. A true Reset to Factory will go much further.

See article KB18998 at the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
    blackberry.com/btsc
    05-14-10 02:58 PM
    You can do a wipe while keeping your calendar, contacts, etc. I wrote a little tutorial on it. This also helps reclaim some bootup RAM:

MikeDePaul.com : How To: Reclaim Some RAM For Your BlackBerry Storm
    05-15-10 09:41 AM
    Anyone know how to get my phone number off the Storm?? All else is gone but my phone number shows.. thx
    07-15-10 09:12 AM
    Yeah, you're WRONG!! A Security Wipe off the Secrity menu in Options most definitely wipes the device of user data and personalized settings, including 3rd party apps if you have that box checked.

Don't resurect old threads from 2008 and post isht like this.
    Yeah...some poor fool is going to do this and lose all their contacts if they dont back up first. Kind of left that out.
    07-15-10 09:21 AM
    i have the same problem, wanna wipe off the number
    07-15-10 01:10 PM
    brother but what is the pass word my black berry 8120
    10-02-10 03:32 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD