Ok, so here's the deal. My Storm seems to be a lemon. I have no problems as far as firmware wise, I am on .75 and seen/had no problems for 4 months. My problems are the following.

1) physical buttons are recessed and are harder to push than my friends/other Storms
    2) I have the screen click problem and fixed it with piece of paper behind the battery trick etc
    3) I now seem to have scratched/cracked a small hairline on the screen and may possibly spread. It does not affect the use or is very visible, but still knowing that I have it on there is annoying.

I went into Verizon to see if I could get them to replace the phone because of the buttons and the clicking problem (took the paper out). The guy worked on the phone trying to tweek the screws and checking if it was better or not and basically made it worse. I asked if I would be able to get a replacement and he said that it would be a refurb one and that if I get the refurb one and there is a problem with that out of the box, I cannot get another one, that I am stuck with that refurbished one and can't order another one.

My question is, do you think it's better that I order it? I would think the buttons and screen would be better/fixed AND I would have a screen without a scratch/crack on it which may worsen over time.
    03-29-09 04:57 PM
    Refurbished phones are placed through many tests before being offered into service. Ask to take a look at it before accepting it.
    03-29-09 05:06 PM
    Ok, so here's the deal. My Storm seems to be a lemon. I have no problems as far as firmware wise, I am on .75 and seen/had no problems for 4 months. My problems are the following.

1) physical buttons are recessed and are harder to push than my friends/other Storms
    2) I have the screen click problem and fixed it with piece of paper behind the battery trick etc
    3) I now seem to have scratched/cracked a small hairline on the screen and may possibly spread. It does not affect the use or is very visible, but still knowing that I have it on there is annoying.

I went into Verizon to see if I could get them to replace the phone because of the buttons and the clicking problem (took the paper out). The guy worked on the phone trying to tweek the screws and checking if it was better or not and basically made it worse. I asked if I would be able to get a replacement and he said that it would be a refurb one and that if I get the refurb one and there is a problem with that out of the box, I cannot get another one, that I am stuck with that refurbished one and can't order another one.
    My question is, do you think it's better that I order it? I would think the buttons and screen would be better/fixed AND I would have a screen without a scratch/crack on it which may worsen over time.

that guy gave you a bunch of BS. I have had 10 storms now.. yeah I know thats a lot, but when my 30 days were up, I started to have problems with my click screen, so Verizon sent me a Refurb phone which also had problems with the screen not clicking right... Long story short, I kept on sending back the refurb phones until I got one that was right. The refurbs to me are junk. Took me 9 tims sending them back to get a good one. All you gotta do is call *611 and talk to verizon and tell them if the refub you have has problems, they will fed-ex you another phone, just make sure you keep sending the refurbs back or else they will change you for them
    03-29-09 05:10 PM
    If he orders it though don't I have to accept it? That is what seems to be like he was saying to me, because what if he orders it and I deny it, he went through ordering the refurb for nothing.

The refurb phones won't have any scratches or anything on the back case/screens right? Or do they just take whatever condition the phone came (say it has a bunch of scratches on the back of the case) into them, fix whatever problem and ship them back out in that same condition with all those scratches or do they replace them with new cases/things
    03-29-09 05:10 PM
    that guy gave you a bunch of BS. I have had 10 storms now.. yeah I know thats a lot, but when my 30 days were up, I started to have problems with my click screen, so Verizon sent me a Refurb phone which also had problems with the screen not clicking right... Long story short, I kept on sending back the refurb phones until I got one that was right. The refurbs to me are junk. Took me 9 tims sending them back to get a good one. All you gotta do is call *611 and talk to verizon and tell them if the refub you have has problems, they will fed-ex you another phone, just make sure you keep sending the refurbs back or else they will change you for them
    About how long does it take to get the refurb phone? Do they pay for the shipping costs or whats the process for it? Format my phone and pack everything up? Is there a way to save all the information/pictures/texts/themes/ringtones on my current phone and put it onto the refurb phone? etc etc.
    03-29-09 05:14 PM
    About how long does it take to get the refurb phone? Do they pay for the shipping costs or whats the process for it? Format my phone and pack everything up? Is there a way to save all the information/pictures/texts/themes/ringtones on my current phone and put it onto the refurb phone? etc etc.
    it takes 2 days fed-ex to get a phone. they pay for everything. all you have to do is send back your old phone in the same box tyour new phone just came in. They have a pre-paid fed-ex lable there so they also pay for shipping the phone back.

as for saving all your information, yeah, just backup your phone through desktop manager. then when your new phone comes, just restore it into your new phone and all your information is back on your phone like you left it.
    03-29-09 05:17 PM
    Yes the guy gave u some BS there.. If they ship it, it is free.. Usually time frame is 2 business days.. Didnt you save all your pictures in your media card that comes with the storm??
    03-29-09 05:17 PM
    Ok, thanks for all the information guys. So do you think I should go about doing the refurb phone? I don't need to go through the Verizon guys right? I just call *611 and tell them my screen isn't clicking/buttons are recessed and they will ship me out a new one? Is it a new charger and CD and all of that stuff or do they just ship the phone and I just put my phone in there (I don't ship my old charger/CD's/other stuff back.

Also, is it a problem that there is a very small scratch/hairline crack on the screen? It's not even noticeable unless you look at the phone as a certain angle and does not affect the use/pixils of the phone.

Also, with each device I have a different PIN correct? Or am I able to transfer PIN's to the refurb phones?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know what I'm getting into and if it's worth doing all of this to be completely happy with the buttons/clicking of the phone.
    Last edited by HardHitter; 03-29-09 at 05:48 PM.
    03-29-09 05:43 PM
    Ok, thanks for all the information guys. So do you think I should go about doing the refurb phone? I don't need to go through the Verizon guys right? I just call *611 and tell them my screen isn't clicking/buttons are recessed and they will ship me out a new one? Is it a new charger and CD and all of that stuff or do they just ship the phone and I just put my phone in there (I don't ship my old charger/CD's/other stuff back.

Also, is it a problem that there is a very small scratch/hairline crack on the screen? It's not even noticeable unless you look at the phone as a certain angle and does not affect the use/pixils of the phone.

Also, with each device I have a dinner PIN correct? Or am I able to transfer PIN's to the refurb phones?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know what I'm getting into and if it's worth doing all of this to be completely happy with the buttons/clicking of the phone.
    yes, just call *611 for verizon. DO NOT go into the store for help with replacing a phone, the stores do not do good service compared to when you call them personally. Just tell them your problem, and they will mail you another phone. They only mail you the phone itself, so you do not need to send back any chargers or anything, just the phone and battery cover. You do need to take out your media card from your old phone though and put it into your new phone.
    as for a small crack in your screen. that doesn't matter. Your taking the phone back becuase the screen and buttons do not work right.
    You will have another Pin number with this phone. You can trasfer everything over to the new phone once you have done a backup on your desktop manager.
    Trust me, getting a new phone is not hard to do at all... its a very simple process. If worse comes to worse and you need help fast, Verizon is open 27-7 and they do very good at helping us blackberry users out with problems.
    03-29-09 05:52 PM
    I think I am going to go ahead and do the refurb phone. Yes it's a refurb phone but they hopefully worked out all the problems that was wrong with the phone before and should basically be a "brand new" fixed phone. I'm hoping the screen click is better than what I have (aka no paper trick) and the buttons will be beveled up like they should be. And even better I won't have that scratch on the screen.

Last question (I promise) will the casing of the phone (battery cover and the chrome/silver lining surrounding the phone) be in new condition or is it the same outer skin condition that the phone came into them.
    03-29-09 06:05 PM
    I think I am going to go ahead and do the refurb phone. Yes it's a refurb phone but they hopefully worked out all the problems that was wrong with the phone before and should basically be a "brand new" fixed phone. I'm hoping the screen click is better than what I have (aka no paper trick) and the buttons will be beveled up like they should be. And even better I won't have that scratch on the screen.

Last question (I promise) will the casing of the phone (battery cover and the chrome/silver lining surrounding the phone) be in new condition or is it the same outer skin condition that the phone came into them.
    everything about this new phone your going to get will be looking like a brand new phone with not one single scratch or anything. The phone goes through a 100 point inspection before they send it out. They make sure everything is in perfact condition. The phone will look exactly brand new. No one would be able to tell its a refurb
    03-29-09 06:10 PM
    The casing will be in new condition. It is unlikely that you will get a new battery cover with a refurbished Storm.

I'm on my third Storm now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 06:12 PM
    Refurbished phone are great i had one for the longest time.
    03-29-09 06:16 PM
    Hey has anyone had a Bold have a problem with "DEAD Pixels". I have had my bold for 31 days and i am now developing dead pixels which apparently will get worse ...Just wondering if you recieved a new phone or refurb? I assumed i would get a new one since it cost me so much and its only 31 days old
    03-29-09 06:17 PM
    The casing will be in new condition. It is unlikely that you will get a new battery cover with a refurbished Storm.

I'm on my third Storm now.

you do get a new battery cover with every new refurb phone. I'm on my 10th they all came with new ones
    03-29-09 06:20 PM
    I just got a refurb. Works perfectly. Had dust under my screen and such. This one works a whole lot better than my first storm.

03-29-09 09:32 PM
    You guys said *611 is open 24/7 right? So I can go ahead and give them a call to get a replacement/refurbished phone order in?
    03-29-09 11:56 PM
    You guys said *611 is open 24/7 right? So I can go ahead and give them a call to get a replacement/refurbished phone order in?
    i think they are closed sunday nights or something like that
    03-30-09 01:34 AM
    I think *611 in only open til 11 and opens at 6. I just got 2 refurbs this week one had a battery cover and one did not so for me it was 50/50 on whether I got a new cover.

The PIN Question. You do get a new PIN but my messenger still works with all my old contacts. You do need to go into Email setup and have your email forwarded to your new PIN.
    Last edited by The_Yoshi; 03-30-09 at 09:03 AM.
    03-30-09 08:57 AM
    Well that was extremely easy. I told her my problem (screen click and recessed physical buttons) and they are shipping a refurbished phone out to me.

Great customer service, I am hoping all goes well with this new phone coming in.
    03-30-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD