I recently installed the paid Storm Slider app and while I think it works well, my battery life is dramatically shortened.
    I carry the phone in the front pocket my jeans and I imagine the slider is always on and lit.
    Apart from carrying the phone somewhere else does anyone have any ideas about how to prolong the battery life of the Storm.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    06-12-09 04:00 PM
    Remove all unnecessary apps and don't use your phone unless you really need to. I've actually made it for around 3 days without a charge. Of course I knew I couldn't charge my phone for at least for couple of days so I limited my use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 04:24 PM
    Not to be a butthead but there is a awesome thread that has many many tips for this yet using the search button to find it if you can't I'm sure someone can post the link

06-12-09 04:26 PM
    Get extra bb standard battery & mini extended charger @ shop c b.

Storm always available!

Otherwise um calls r high usage.
    06-12-09 04:49 PM
    ^^^ woohoo!!
    06-12-09 04:55 PM
    Remove all unnecessary apps and don't use your phone unless you really need to. I've actually made it for around 3 days without a charge. Of course I knew I couldn't charge my phone for at least for couple of days so I limited my use.

yea. Take the battery out and don't use your phone at all. Wtf?

06-12-09 05:50 PM

yea. Take the battery out and don't use your phone at all. Wtf?

Haha. That was my first thought

06-12-09 06:14 PM
    I've heard others complain of shortened battery life but I've experienced no problems at all. I got my phone on release day and started with .65 official, then .75 official and now, .148 official. My battery has always lasted the full day with moderate + use (many phone calls, calendar, email, games and a couple of text messages, all in a usual day). By the time I head to bed at midnight, my battery is usually at around 45% or so.
    06-12-09 06:31 PM
    I have the paid Storm Slider app. When I put the phone in my pocket I just hit the lock button at the top of the phone so the screen will stay locked and black without lighting up when pressed. When I pull it out I hit the lock button it unlocks and the Storm slider is on the screen. I slide it and it brings me to my home screen....
    06-12-09 06:41 PM
    if you have a holster clip (bb) it will automatically dim/make your device sleep.
    06-12-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD