not making a thread to ***** about battery life, but i was just curious to see if my battery life is avg or if it is time for a new battery. I bought this storm 9530 used so i have no idea what condition the battery is/was in

here are my settings and specs

os 5.0.0.419, bbm 5.0.0.57
    brightness is set at 10 (lowest)
    screen turns off after 10 seconds
    gps is turned off
    alert is never set for vibrate, audio alerts only
    phone is always in holster when not in use (oem compatible with magnet)
    5-10min talk time
    mostly sms, bbm, and emails
    little to no browsing

i pull the phone off the charger in the morning around 730, by around midnight the battery life is approx 50-65% depending on my days usage

when the phone is at 50% or less i will charge over night, if the phone is 65% i will not charge and run it tomorrow and hope it makes it till midnight or when i get home to a charger

thoughts? comments??
    12-24-09 03:15 AM
    Sounds about right I think? Mine gets plugged into the USB several times a day and sometimes into the car charger at random, or whatever, so I never really have a day where the battery doesn't get any charging. I also charge it every night while I'm sleeping, whether it really needs it or not. That way I always start the day with a fully charged battery!

I know a lot of people would say I abuse my batteries with unplugging and plugging in at random times for random amounts of charge, but I've been doing that with my phones for years and have never killed a battery before upgrading to a new phone.
    12-24-09 03:30 AM
    Same here. Charge every night and whenever it needs it no matter what the meter shows. Never had a battery go bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 05:19 AM
    @OP, that's about what i get... settings on low, gps on though, silent during work... i take it off the charger at 7am and usually plug it in when i go to sleep around midnight and have ~50% left, depending on usage.
    12-24-09 07:51 AM
    I stay charging my storm all day long cuz I'm using the web and bbm and slacker continuously...
    12-24-09 07:53 AM
    to OP, i'm about the same as you with usage and batt life. only difference is that im running .328 and i charge even when phone is 90% full. also, gps off, rarely vib on.

i have the data cable with me at work and have it charging when not in use. but when i'm away from desk for whole day then i get same batt life as you and the posters above me.

i bought a spare batt and a charging sleeve (so that i dont have to charge it with the berry). when i go on trips ill carry the spare with me and swap and charge when needed.
    12-24-09 09:08 AM
    awesome, i guess i am right on par

second question. i have only owned this storm for maybe a month or so so but do storms have the same usb problems as the curves in regards to bad usb ports?

i had a curve previously and ppl were always breaking the usb ports in them from plugging and unplugging the usb cable/charger. i bought a cradle for the curve to reduce the stress on the usb port. but i notice that even the storm cradles still use the usb port, do you guys have problems with usb ports getting damaged from the constant plugging and unplugging??
    12-24-09 10:53 AM

second question. i have only owned this storm for maybe a month or so so but do storms have the same usb problems as the curves in regards to bad usb ports?

i had a curve previously and ppl were always breaking the usb ports in them from plugging and unplugging the usb cable/charger. i bought a cradle for the curve to reduce the stress on the usb port. but i notice that even the storm cradles still use the usb port, do you guys have problems with usb ports getting damaged from the constant plugging and unplugging??
    Some people have had problems with the USB port going bad, but if you are careful, don't twist or put pressure on it, you should be OK.
    12-24-09 11:32 AM

my storm usb is fine. though i found a curve 8330 that its usb jack was so loose and wouldnt charge.
    i would say the storm usb is more snug and durable but still you have to watch out.
    dont drop it when charging.
    12-31-09 01:44 PM
    Sounds about what I get. I let my battery drain below 50%, usually 10 - 20% before charging.

With Lithium batteries you really should let your battery drain below 50% before charging. This will extend the life of you battery. Also, try not to let the battery go completely dead. This too is hard on the battery.
    12-31-09 02:05 PM
    about same for me. i never ever charge during day unless i install a new beta or am in a bad signal area.

i pull mine out of cradle at 6am...put it back in at 12am. im usually down to under 30% depending on the OS im running.
    12-31-09 04:25 PM
    Had the storm for a year and I only charge it at night. Very very rarely outside of when I'm sleeping.
    Of course, there are those long pandora-charged drives that kill the battery like nothing else and require a charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD