I have a storm and would like to find the setting to not save my sent messages..It is a pain to delete them constantly..Can anyone help me with this?
    09-22-09 07:52 AM
    If you go into your text message folder hit your bb button and go to options> general options> hide sent messages = YES.
    09-22-09 07:57 AM
    I have it set that way already..Still saves all msgs
    09-22-09 08:01 AM
    Well I guess you can hide them if that is your concern. Also reduce it to keep messages for 15 days from the default of 30. And by using the two finger select method I can select over a hundred messages and delete them within seconds.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:02 AM
    I have them set to hide..all it does it put them in a sent folder..I do not want any email or sms messages that I send saved..There has to be a way to set it this way.
    09-22-09 08:36 AM
    I don't know about that...only reason I would not want that stuff saved is if I had a nosy girlfriend
    Don't know if RIM has requirements for that.

Anyway...you can try and ask in the 3rd party apps forum if someone can make you an app for that. Sounds like it might be simple to make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:50 AM
    I figured its a simple function.I dont want things auto saved..the storm is a pile and the more crap that gets saved on it the slower it gets..I really find it hard to believe that RIM does not have a setting to shut the autosave off
    09-22-09 08:55 AM
    They're stored automatically. Delete them if you don't want to keep them. Saving them manually simply flags them to not be deleted when you use the "Delete Prior" function.

It's like email. You have to maintain it.
    09-22-09 08:57 AM
    I have them set to hide..all it does it put them in a sent folder..I do not want any email or sms messages that I send saved..There has to be a way to set it this way.
    That's pretty much a core BlackBerry function, I'm not aware of any option to disable saving them.

As someone else mentioned, some kind of custom app may be the only way to accomplish what you're asking for.
    09-22-09 08:59 AM
    It's like email. You have to maintain it.
    what a concept! The user actually having to do something!!
    09-22-09 11:56 AM
    I think your paranoia is getting the best of you... the near minuscule amount of memory that a text message uses is hardly going to slow down your phone. Try taking off an app that you don't use or storing your media on the media card. If you go to
    Options-->Status-->bbButton-->database size and scroll down to SMS messages you will see how much memory your texts are using. My 1500 sms messages are taking up about 450kb and my 5 mms messages are taking up 500kb

5 picture messages=1500 sms messages... Not too big of a deal.

Download the app LogMaid
    logMaid - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    This will clean your log every hour.

Download the latest OS (.151 is very memory friendly)

Buy and Download Meterberry to keep track of your leaked memory and free memory and keep an eye on it and do a battery pull when necessary.

When you're in your inbox, highlight the date and hit the bbButton then select delete prior. This will delete all your messages in one clean swoop. But what I like to do is save a day or 2 worth of messages, just for reference. Bring up the keyboard in your messages in portrait mode. use the DF and JK letters to scroll forward and back between days. When you use the delete prior option it will delete all message that are prior to that date, which is very helpful to me.

This is your best way of keeping your memory at its peak
    09-22-09 12:39 PM
    It's really none of your business why he doesnt want it saved, but I do agree Gil718 .

With the Storm just hold ur finger over the name the lines will converge and it will show the desired entries. Other than that you can lower the amount of time the messages are saved.

If that isnt good enough for you, suck it up and get over it. just kidding
    09-22-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD