You guys could always donate it to the troops and take a tax deduction... OP would probably get more money than $150 (depending on his tax bracket) since the phone is only two weeks old and has an MSRP of $549
    Got a link?
    11-18-08 11:32 AM
    Here is a link that explains the tax deduction... it is calculated as the value of the phone less 20% per year of use. I imagine you can prorate the 20% if you used the phone for a very short period of time.

http // recycle my cellphone org/ faq shtml

You can donate the cell phone here, but make sure you get a receipt:

http // www cell phonesfor soldiers com/

(somebody please correct the links, I have fewer than 10 posts)
    11-18-08 11:48 AM
    Sold my Curve 8310 red for $150 yesterday
    11-18-08 11:52 AM
    Here is a link that explains the tax deduction... it is calculated as the value of the phone less 20% per year of use. I imagine you can prorate the 20% if you used the phone for a very short period of time.

Recycle My Cell Phone

You can donate the cell phone here, but make sure you get a receipt:

Welcome to Cell Phones for Soldiers!

(somebody please correct the links, I have fewer than 10 posts)
    fixed em.

Thanks, i'll check into it...
    11-18-08 11:53 AM
    I appreciate the corrected links. It's a worthy cause if someone doesn't need the money right now, and more noble still if you need the money but are willing to sacrifice in order to BEGIN to repay the troops for their efforts.
    11-18-08 12:19 PM
    Try the trade-up program. blackberry.flipswap.com. I'm getting almost $110 back for my Pearl. Use the code "GRADUATE" for an extra $50.

I'm actually going to be able to pay for the phone just through trading in my old phones.
    The old trade in program that BB had was limited to 30 days before or after your BB purchase. I bought my Curve back in May when i came out. I did not see anything on the website noting a certain time period. Can you confirm this?
    11-18-08 12:45 PM
    I put my pearl on craigslist for 150 including a few extra accessories. I'd take 125 or maybe even 100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 12:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD