Noobie here.....after reboot/battery pull, My storm 9530 has 7.8 mb device memory free space, with 15.1 mb app memory fee space. and when i go to appworld, the available memory goes up and down, down to 0 mb sometimes. what is eating up the device memory, and can this be increased?
    I'm running .148, with very few apps installed.
    thanks!
    10-25-09 10:19 AM
    Wow, thats pretty bad. What applications do you have installed on your device?

Also, do you regularly delete your text messages and emails??

Do you have a memory card, or save pictures and media directly to the device?
    10-25-09 10:22 AM
    thanks for the quick reply!

i have ...
    poynt
    opera mini 5
    viigo
    golflogix
    weatherchannel
    par 72 lite golf game
    dots game

i do delete emails and text messages regularly (i do keep some email though)
    i save pictures and media to the memory card.
    10-25-09 10:34 AM
    Hmm. Lets see. To clear up some additional memory, have you deleted applications that you will not be using, for example help, tasks, password keeper, etc? Deleting these unused applications will free up space, and allow for a smoother better functioning OS!
    10-25-09 10:38 AM
    i'll see what additional stuff i can delete to make it work better....thanks for all your ideas.....
    10-25-09 11:26 AM
    The par 72 game is most likely eating up your memory. I recently downloaded it and it bogged down my phone like nothing else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD