Since the first day you got your storm??

I just got it Friday, played with it the whole day as it was a holiday. I was really annoyed with lag between modes and the qwerty especially. I downloaded the leaked update today and cleared up plenty of little issues by actually reading the manual and doing some google searches.

I can honestly say that I love this phone now. The update makes the phone faster, which let's face it is the real problem most of us have/had with the storm. Everything else that makes this phone different than other blackberries and (better) I think, takes time to get used to, it's not going to be an efficient device the first day you use it.

The media has had a frenzy with bad-talking the Storm and I don't think it's really fair. Most of that has to do with the bad business by Verizon and R.I.M, but the tech people at R.I.M made a great phone.

People use a touch screen and automatically assume it should immediately work as fast as their home computer, or be as efficient as their flip phone it's a mentally conditioned thing.

Don't consider it a computer, or a phone, consider it a piece of software attached to some hardware that will have bug fixes and become better as you get more used to it.

I still think Verizon has the worst customer service in the world though.
    11-30-08 04:53 PM
    Mine has always been positive, but after the software update to .75 it has been even better, and reading what BGR has said about the next update, makes me feel even better, worth the money I spent...
    11-30-08 05:36 PM
    I am getting used to it more & more. I picked up my Curve the other day and I know I couldn't go back to it. I like the screen too much!
    11-30-08 05:41 PM
    I haven't updated mine yet to new software. I still love the phone as I did the day I got it. The software updates are going to be great but I really wanted to test OTA out. So that is why I am holding off.

I think the phone is great for me personally. Others may not like it but im in the for the long hall.
    11-30-08 05:41 PM
    The only thing that I am wondering is what do all the people that don't read CrackBerry, don'T know how to install the new software? Will they be stuck with the old software forever?
    11-30-08 05:55 PM
    Yep! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:07 PM
    The only thing that I am wondering is what do all the people that don't read CrackBerry, don'T know how to install the new software? Will they be stuck with the old software forever?
    Fortunately not. VZW reps have been calling Storm owners and telling them about the OTA upgrades coming this week and next week.
    11-30-08 06:13 PM
    I am going to have to say that my opinion has changed with the new update. I'd say that 80% of my issues were generally resolved or bettered with the .75 release.

And I've had fantastic customer support in-store with Verizon, though I will say that my issues are generally nothing too intense.
    11-30-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD